Color change to SRT Seat suede

NeilS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe its not possible but by this time of the year, months of viper hybernation I start thinking of new things to do to my 04 snake for the up coming season. Over the winter I changed my steering wheel to a mamba wheel, red shift boot, 06 Viper SRT brushed chrome side fender logos,and US Speed floor mats in red.Now the question i have is can the suede in the seat back where the suede word viper is in black. Anyone know if it can be changed or dyed to red without sending the seats out? I will post some photos in april of the changes made Thanks for any ideas

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's a thought: Viper is warm/hot inside. Sweaty bottoms. Khaki shorts with pink sweaty bottoms from 'red' suede rub-off ...

... I'd leave the seats alone (IMHO)

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want it done right, you will need to have it done by a professional uphosltery shop. They will need to take the seats out, and the covers off.

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
you can do it. i changed the inserts in my black SRT to a red snakeprint leather, and was going to do the lettering also, but changed my mind. there were pics posted a couple of months ago of mine, if you want to do a search.
i'm very happy with how it turned out.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you just say "kaki shorts"??

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Here's a thought: Viper is warm/hot inside. Sweaty bottoms. Khaki shorts with pink sweaty bottoms from 'red' suede rub-off ...

Yeah, the kind that are pressed at the cleaners, and come with a stretchy waistband ... you know ... that South Beach, "I park in front of the Clevelander, but I can't drive a vert cause my rug will blow off" look :nana:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I came up with the same conclusion. I was thinking of changing out my seats to all leather but, thought about the durability. You can’t kill the vinyl, leather is a maintenance nightmare.