Colored Dash Bulbs

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried a search Phil but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone what size Gen 3 dash bulbs are? Secondly, has anyone put in colored bulbs and where did you find them?
Thanks in advance.

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 4, bulbs should be the same. The manual lists them as 103 bulbs. I could not find 103 led bulbs, but used 74 bright blue LED bulbs I found on Ebay. The wedge of the bulb is a little thinner so I spaced out one side of the base contact with small cut pieces of toothpick for a nice tight fit.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be interesting finding a color. A little "ricey" but if not overdone it would look cool. Is it hard to change them??? I bet the right size is out there somewhere.

OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It might be interesting finding a color. A little "ricey" but if not overdone it would look cool. Is it hard to change them??? I bet the right size is out there somewhere.

I saw a post a couple of weeks ago where the poster's avitar was a dash with blue bulbs. Someone asked him about the bulbs but I don't think he answered.

I think a blue or red would look great.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I looked quickly when my dash was apart being painted, but I couldn't find anything. I had already changed all of the interior lights to white/light blue look and wanted all of my gauges to match, but I couldn't find anything.

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing the bulbs is easy, they use wedge twist bases on the backs of the gauge clusters, it takes 9 bulbs. Taking the entire dash off takes a little bit of work.
You must be registered for see images attach

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changing the bulbs is easy, they use wedge twist bases on the backs of the gauge clusters, it takes 9 bulbs. Taking the entire dash off takes a little bit of work.
You must be registered for see images attach

Damn! That looks soooo much better than the yellow light from the stock bulbs. Do you happen to know the part number and where you got those? I'll be all over it.

Thanks!

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
B

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just pulled mine and with a red marker changed the color. Looks great!!!!! I may buy the brighter white leds and color them.

F

FrgMstr

Please tell us your results on the dimming / flickering issue if any. That is the only thing keeping me from doing this mod.

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine do not flicker and they fade just fine. Install tip for those that don't know: LEDs are diodes and will only work in a DC circuit if polarity is correct. If the bulb doesn't work pull it out turn it the other way and put it back in.

subyguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
does anyone know if the ebay kit abocve works for gen2's also, how many bulbs are needed on a gen 2 dash

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I answered this question but it was for Gen 2 interior lights.

http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-gts-discussions/641435-led-tail-lights.html

If your looking for high quality LED's go to V-leds.com

They aren't going to be cheap but they have the best lights and quality. They are always having sales for 15% off.

You can check bulb types on Sylvania.com

OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

does anyone know if the ebay kit abocve works for gen2's also, how many bulbs are needed on a gen 2 dash

Follow those links for Gen 2 stuff ;)

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks intense!! I wish the GTS would look that good with red bulbs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog