Colors for 2004 - any update

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
joe, steve f, jon b or any in the know.

did you hear any news on colors from the auto show in detroit ?

also what about the hardtop option from dodge - will there be any for 2004 or will that be a product for the aftermarket.

Thanks

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've heard it's not yellow, green or graphite... I think I heard it may be bright white.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
If all the testing goes well .....................

drumroll please ..............................

WHITE (new formula, not an existing DC color .... very brilliant)

(Sorry, I don't know what color their "canning")

OP
OP
H

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WHAT HAPPEND TO YELLOW ?????? - I WANT YELLOW ARGH @#$%

I HATE WHITE - I HAVE YET TO SEE ANY CAR LOOK GOOD IN WHITE - LET ALONE A SUPER CAR.

What about the hardtop - no news

Thanks

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No yellow = no sale. Or black. All these pictures of the black SRT-10 posted here have got me thinking.....looks very good.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I was never a big fan of white (having had to clean a white one before), do not dismiss this choice so quickly. Other visual enhancements may really make this a great combination. The new SSBF paint code is supposedly a knockout in person but it will have to go through a lot of testing before it is a go.

By the way, the addition of white (maybe) does not necessarily mean the end of one of the current colors. There was talk that it may just be a color choice for a short ordering time frame. Not meaning that there will only be 100 copies like the GT-2 GTS but say a 2 or 3 month production window and then on to another color.

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like ***** Boy Ferguson got his color. Now maybe he'll stop whining! .
baby[1].gif

BTW, I want the second white one!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard from TONS of people that YELLOW was going to happen for 2004.

I am surprised to hear that people are saying it won't - especially considering apparently EVERYONE on the site wants yellow.

So was this a bonehead marketing move at the last minute??? Why don't they drop silver for yellow, and if they wanna do white they should drop black for it - or do 4 colors (they already went from 2 to 3 colors)

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spoke w/ a DC engineer last week and he confirmed that yellow and white are the new colors. He also said the white looked very nice, described it as "very bright", "illuminescent(sp?)","almost blue-white".
Dodge now has the capabilty to do a "run" of cars in different colors per year. Example, 100 red, 100 black, 100 yellow, 100 white, 100 green, etc.

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a White Pearl color. Should be nice, but I'd stick
with Yellow! I wonder if that means they will replace two colors
or add two?

2charmed

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have also heard Yellow was the new color for 04'.
If they don't offer it for 04' I guess I will keep my Red 03'!
They almost never make an "official" announcement on colors until
September, so I don't think we'll know for sure until this fall.

Time will tell,

2Charmed

OP
OP
H

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig,

Your yellow picture - WOW - that is all I can say, WOW.

Joseph let's have a serious poll on this.

I know I am biased about the yellow but I know I am not alone on this - there is just not too many speaking up - yet.

I have a 2004 on order and I really love the yellow - I would even consider paying a surcharge for getting it.
However, white, even though, I haven't seen it - I can tell you that I have yet to see any car look sporty and/or super car'ish in any white or pearl or whatever whit'ish.

Sorry for ranting but I had really been looking so much forward to getting a Yellow 2004. ARGH @#$%&* !!

Is this set in stone or can we influence this in any way - like it was done with black for this year.

C'mon guys - let' pull together for yellow.

Thanks

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
White, White, White and more White! I loved white on ALL of the sports cars I have owned, but after seeing the one they intend to put on the 2004 all I can say is that this new white promises to be the most dramatic version you will ever see. The Viper looked Wider and meaner than any other color version to date!

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know about the pearl coats, they seem to change color in the sun over the years. Everyone remember the 300ZX pearl, it seemed to turn into a brown after 3-4 years. The bright white does look good though. I had told myself I would never buy another white car, but I cant have two yellow Vipers, can I?

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can we see one in "Viper Blue" ?

Yellow gets my vote for now, but I'd like to see one in
Viper Blue with Silver Stripes!

Thanks,

2Charmed