Comments about my new SSG from the general publilc

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so I have had the car for a few weeks now and the comments about this car have been sooo much different than the comments on my 2001 ACR and the Copperhead.

2001 ACR...main question
"How much did that cost?"---tons of times
"Is that a new Vette?"---a few
"Thats awesome..." --many times

2005 Copperhead Vert
"How much did that cost?"---a few times
"Is that a stock color?"---a few
"I love that color."---a few

2008 SSG w/ Black stripes
"Did you have that painted?"---a few
"That is the nicest car I have ever seen."---a few
"I wonder what other vehicles would look as awesome with that color?" ---twice
"Thats an awesome car...can I get some gas money from you :omg:?---once
"I am in love."---a few

I t is funny to drive the SSG just to hear the comments. Problem with the car is everyone is going to who it was driving like an a$$. So far I am love this color like a family member. Every time I think I get use to the color I go look at it again and it sort of shocks me again.

BTW if you couldn't tell I am also in love with this car.:heart:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whereabouts in Colorado? You must get a lot of "are you crazy to be driving that thing this time of year with the potholes and sandblasting?"

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer12;

You must be confused with a totally different part of Colorado. Sandblasting......... not much as they sand for the storm and then two days later, pick it up and wash the road off nicely. Potholes.......I honestly can not remember hitting a *** hole in the past three years. This area is like the Naperville, IL of Colorado. Lots of money and taxes being spent so people can enjoy their money and toys carefree. :)

You know I felt bad that I took mine out last weekend and today, but I shouldn't as most of the winter on my way to work, I meet a black ENZO on the nice days. I figure, if he is not that worried, why the heck should I? Seriously, the guy drives it ALL the time. That car sounds SO, SO nice. Absolutely amazing. If I had the money, I would probably do the same thing.

As far as additional comments, I absolutely love it when a father is out with his kids, young boys or girls and they are walking buy and say something nice. I will usually get out or say....." hey kids, check this out!" and then I open the hood for them so the little guys can see the motor. The look on their faces and in their eyes is priceless. Talk with the family for a little while and then move on. I always wished when I was younger that I could have first seen a car like that in real life and then have the owner invite me over so I could look at it. If it brightens their day, it is worth it.

Of course Dude, gets all the looks and comments with the SSG and Mo's Copperhead. If I get jealous, though, I go home and get the BASF S351R Mystic Edition Speedster and pull it out. That car is 100% original and changes 17 different colors. Too bad you can't see it on the top of the lift. Not a Viper, but cool just the same.

MoViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...I will admit that today was a bit sandy with some potholes to avoid... but the car can handle, so easy to avoid. It is just too difficult to keep the car tucked away on a day like today.:drive:

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot about the funniest comments I have heard over and over..."Do you mind if I take a picture of it?" what is that...that is one of the craziest questions I have had over and over.

Today we went to an event downtown...crazy amounts of super nice cars out today. AC Cobras, Ferraris, the place had a Carrera GT, Yellow Enzo, Murci, GT3, and a few others.

The 2008 is very fast...:D

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
those mystic 351 saleens are awesome cars. like you said not a viper but a great car in its own way.
you are the man!!

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COLOVIPER, You have the BASF Saleen speedster? I have the only Saleen Mystichrome S-281 Cobra speedster. According to Saleen the only 2 color changing speedsters made by them. Have a poster of your car in my garage!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so I have had the car for a few weeks now and the comments about this car have been sooo much different than the comments on my 2001 ACR and the Copperhead.

2001 ACR...main question
"How much did that cost?"---tons of times
"Is that a new Vette?"---a few
"Thats awesome..." --many times

2005 Copperhead Vert
"Is that a stock color?"---a few
"I love that color."---a few

2008 SSG w/ Black stripes
"Did you have that painted?"---a few
"That is the nicest car I have ever seen."---a few
"I wonder what other vehicles would look as awesome with that color?" ---twice
"Thats an awesome car...can I get some gas money from you :omg:?---once
"I am in love."---a few

I t is funny to drive the SSG just to hear the comments. Problem with the car is everyone is going to who it was driving like an a$$. So far I am love this color like a family member. Every time I think I get use to the color I go look at it again and it sort of shocks me again.

BTW if you couldn't tell I am also in love with this car.:heart:

Is that a new Vette? :lmao:

At leaset they didnt say that about your new SSG 2008. :nono:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot about the funniest comments I have heard over and over..."Do you mind if I take a picture of it?" what is that...that is one of the craziest questions I have had over and over.

The reason is cause most people, especially those that work at dealers, flip out if you just start taking pictures without asking. I would know, I did it before but they tell you to leave in such a rude manner, they couldn't ask me nicely. So I left, went to another dealer and have have been taken care of ever since. I even get to go to F1 GP viewings, so it's always nice enough to ask.

--RS

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason is cause most people, especially those that work at dealers, flip out if you just start taking pictures without asking. I would know, I did it before but they tell you to leave in such a rude manner, they couldn't ask me nicely. So I left, went to another dealer and have have been taken care of ever since. I even get to go to F1 GP viewings, so it's always nice enough to ask.

--RS

But I get the question when I am sitting at a gas station, then they flip out the old cell phone...no one is buying that photo.

I just think it is super funny. I think one time I am going to say no...really mean like...then laugh and so of course...just kidding.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walker;

Yes I do have the BASF S351R "Mystic Edition" Speedster, the one from the national poster. Only Mystic Saleen in existence. First Mystic car and only Mystic convertible. #95-0010, the one given away in the BASF "Horse of a Different Color" Sweepstakes. I have had it for 7 years now.

There were a few more Saleen speedsters in the color changing hue, to name a few:

99-0012 S351R Extreme Rainbow Speedster (in Torrence, CA)
97-0173 S281C Extreme Rainbow Supercharged Cobra Speedster (also here in Colorado)
97-???? S281 Extreme Rainbow Speedster (owned by Tim Allen's wife)
03-???? S281C Extreme Rainbow Cobra Speedster
And yours. As far as Mysticchrome goes, they only made 1 mystichorme speedster, I think.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boxer12;

You must be confused with a totally different part of Colorado. Sandblasting......... not much as they sand for the storm and then two days later, pick it up and wash the road off nicely. Potholes.......I honestly can not remember hitting a *** hole in the past three years. This area is like the Naperville, IL of Colorado. Lots of money and taxes being spent so people can enjoy their money and toys carefree. :)

You know I felt bad that I took mine out last weekend and today, but I shouldn't as most of the winter on my way to work, I meet a black ENZO on the nice days. I figure, if he is not that worried, why the heck should I? Seriously, the guy drives it ALL the time. That car sounds SO, SO nice. Absolutely amazing. If I had the money, I would probably do the same thing.

As far as additional comments, I absolutely love it when a father is out with his kids, young boys or girls and they are walking buy and say something nice. I will usually get out or say....." hey kids, check this out!" and then I open the hood for them so the little guys can see the motor. The look on their faces and in their eyes is priceless. Talk with the family for a little while and then move on. I always wished when I was younger that I could have first seen a car like that in real life and then have the owner invite me over so I could look at it. If it brightens their day, it is worth it.

Of course Dude, gets all the looks and comments with the SSG and Mo's Copperhead. If I get jealous, though, I go home and get the BASF S351R Mystic Edition Speedster and pull it out. That car is 100% original and changes 17 different colors. Too bad you can't see it on the top of the lift. Not a Viper, but cool just the same.
You must live in some part of Colorado that has been built since I moved in 03. I lived on the Front Range for 25 years and NEVER felt good taking my car out before April. The FR is covered with sand from Nov to Mar. So, where is this Napersville of CO? (PS-Please don't say Highlands Ranch... LOL)

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally just had a company install about $1,350 worth of clear bra. You should know you are never....and I mean never...safe in Colorado anytime of the year. Rocks...and rock chips are a part of Colorado. We are lucky that Colorado sweeps many of the main roads...which is where we are forced to drive, but it is driving none the less. Getting out of the neighborhood is the rockiest part.

BTW what is wrong with Highlands Ranch...I live just up the hill in Castle Pines North...I'm in HR all the time.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personally just had a company install about $1,350 worth of clear bra. You should know you are never....and I mean never...safe in Colorado anytime of the year. Rocks...and rock chips are a part of Colorado. We are lucky that Colorado sweeps many of the main roads...which is where we are forced to drive, but it is driving none the less. Getting out of the neighborhood is the rockiest part.

BTW what is wrong with Highlands Ranch...I live just up the hill in Castle Pines North...I'm in HR all the time.
Nothing wrong with HR, its just not exactly Hillsdale IL if you know what I mean. I bet that I wouldn't recognize Castle Pines North nowadays....they were building like mad when I was last there about 5 years ago. Still going strong?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am keeping my eyes out for a house there in Highlands Ranch. Its very nice there. My fiancee will be looking around June-July time frame and will be buying around that time, that way I have a nice home to go home to from here. CarDude if you could keep an eye out for a good deal we will be looking at 3 car garages. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah....I meant Highlands Ranch. Actually we are on the very edge of it with Daniels Gate State park in our backyard. It is much different and upscale than the older part of Highlands Ranch from 12 years ago. I know what you mean about upscale, but it has really changed in the past 6 years and there are parts that are very upscale. The average home in my neighborhood is like $600K, with the $1Ms just up the street. It is a nice place.

Sand and rocks, we live in the Rockies, what do you expect. Honestly, it is no where near as bad as everyone is making it out to be. In comparison to some real rough areas, this place is like Beverly Hills.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with HR, its just not exactly Hillsdale IL if you know what I mean. I bet that I wouldn't recognize Castle Pines North nowadays....they were building like mad when I was last there about 5 years ago. Still going strong?

Castle Pines North Association went bankrupt a good while back so they decided to add some new housing areas. We purchased in one of those new areas; right near the wild roaming buffalo (plus way too many other wild things...hawks, eagles, falcons, coyotes, mountain lions, bob cats, elk, antelope, deer, rattle snakes, gigantic owls, humming birds - wife's favorites, and I am sure I left out plenty) The area is almost built out. Believe it or not, the neighborhood has just recently become it's own city. Very soon, if not right now, my address is Castle Pines North, CO (they had a fight with Castle Pines (the multi-million dollar area), and left them out of the city...they may incorporate on their own). The new city thing will be a good thing because every time I tell people I am in Castle Rock, they think I am much further south.

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am keeping my eyes out for a house there in Highlands Ranch. Its very nice there. My fiancee will be looking around June-July time frame and will be buying around that time, that way I have a nice home to go home to from here. CarDude if you could keep an eye out for a good deal we will be looking at 3 car garages. Sorry to hijack the thread.

Look for a four car garage...and also look in Castle Pines North. We love it up here. I think we are 3 miles from Highlands Ranch and about 750-1,000 feet higher. It's nice to look down on the commoners....:lmao:

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common folks huh?

Dude, must be pretty stuffy up there? I tell you what I saw and you can't even deny it.

In Smug voice "Mo, buy me a new car, mine got dirty."

Yep, your FIRST SSG Viper got dirty, you washed it once (I have pictures) and ya had to get a new SSG Viper. Pretty hard life you have there? Ha! Ha!

OP
OP
C

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Common folks huh?

Dude, must be pretty stuffy up there? I tell you what I saw and you can't even deny it.

In Smug voice "Mo, buy me a new car, mine got dirty."

Yep, your FIRST SSG Viper got dirty, you washed it once (I have pictures) and ya had to get a new SSG Viper. Pretty hard life you have there? Ha! Ha!

If I were only a snob that would be true for sure...I live the "Cheap" Castle Pines North. There are many, many houses in Highlands Ranch that put my little 3 car garage shcak to shame.

I just "like to say I am looking down on the commoners", cuz the altitude it higher...oh and I can probably see Commerce City from my house...:lmao:

We actually love Highlands Rnach...we like the new area over by McArthur Ranch and Broadway...those covered patios are awesome, but the lots are just too small.