Comments on GEICO

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your car is a Sunday cruiser try Barrett-Jackson. On a stated value policy, limited to 2K mi/year, the premium is $320/year. BJ is the broker but Chubb/Chartis is the insurer.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would ideal to know how any of these insurance companies come through on an actual claim (be it fault or no fault) on Vipers. Anyone actually submit a fault/no-fault claim for their Viper with Geico and how did it turn out?

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just be careful. All might be well and good now,this year,next year,etc. But if/when there is a claim. there could be a problem if the car was misrepresented to them. Id be completely upfront about the mods. And if they wont write it, so be it. At least you dont have to worry if coverage will respond properly or not.

Agree with TAXIMAN's post 100%!

Tangled with two insurance companies over a home insurance claim that went to jury trial...took 5 years to settle.:omg: Court ruled in my favor but my attorney got 1/3.:usa:

Insurance companies have deep pockets and lawyers on retainer with big fangs. You can beat them but it has a price.

Last edited:

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car wasn't totaledbut I had a 1997 GTS and was driving down the highway on the way to Daytona for the Turkey Rod Run when someone shot out the back glass of the Viper. The shattered glass scratched the paint from front to rear and I had the entire car repainted, new front and rear glass, and it was several thousand dollars except for my $250 deductable and they paid everything, no fuss no muss. I was happy except for the over a month of downtime, ha.....It was during the same time those 2 guys went around shooting people a few years ago. The bullet just missed my head by inchs, after being in the Marines in Vietnam in the jungle for 2 tours and never gettin a scratch, that was close.... My ears rang for a day or two. Hope I didn't bore you with this long story.....:omg:

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with TAXIMAN's post 100%!

Tangled with two insurance companies over a home insurance claim that went to jury trial...took 5 years to settle.:omg: Court ruled in my favor but my attorney got 1/3.:usa:

Insurance companies have deep pockets and lawyers on retainer with big fangs. You can beat them but it has a price.

I guess I could tell them about the powder coated valve covers and intake....:) Seriously, I agree that one should be up front about mods so there's no debate if something does happen. However, the value for cosmetic mods are not likely to be recovered anyhow in this market.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What gives me a higher comfort level with Grundy is that they, out of all the insurance companies I spoke to and had at various times, were the only one that asked me to write down what my modifications were and their value/cost. They were also the only ones that answered (both on the phone and email) all of my detailed questions regarding use, storage, track, etc.

Lower premiums are great...but don't tell the whole story.

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left Geico around 8 years ago because their rate was $1,000 more than everyone else every 6 months. But switched back to them last year because they are now cheaper than everyone else. I guess since I am older I now fit in with their business plan. I just bought the viper 1 month ago and it was only 500 bucks for the year for full coverage so it is pretty cheap.

Never had an accident so I don't know how they treat you if you have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4