Comments on Pirelli P-Zero Rosso?

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am getting ready to get my new wheels with Pirelli P-zero rosso 295x30x19 in front and 355x25x19 in rear. Does anyone have same if not similar setup? How does Pirelli compare to Micheline's ? I really wanted Michelines b/c they are cheaper and have better wear rating but couldn't find the sizes that I want.

Thanks!

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the 20's on my 96GTS and they are okay. I don't use these on the track but they seem to do well on the street. Wear is a big factor though. They seem much softer than the Michelins. There is little choice in the 20's though. I don't think you will be unhappy.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leonard,

Thanks for the info! I am hearing similar comments but I guess it beats having a mismatched look with the Michelines

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let me offer two thoughts, first the 295 is going to fit the 10" front but it may look funny. If you look at your stock rims the 275 actually bows out a bit already, it's the 335 that bows in a bit. I am finding the 285/30 front and 355/25 rear looks best, in each case the bow of the tire is about the same. And actually the specs on the sidewall are closer. Also the 295 has a red "P-zero" logo on the side of the tire, the 355's don't, if you go to Pirelli's website you will see a note by the tire showing (nolbl). Maybe it's just me but I notice details like logos on front tires, and no logos on the rear, and stuff like that bugs me. The 285's like the rears are "no label" tires, so again they match up better.

The 285 and 355 is what I plan to run on my 19's. Unfortunately tirerack is on back order on the 285's as of last week, but said they would get more soon.

As far as brands go I used to run Pirelli Assimetrico's on my Z06, they are a nicer tire than the Michelin in my opinion.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sung-bea, to me, the Pirelli P-Zero's have a love/hate relationship. I think that you will initially love the Pirelli P-Zero's because the tire compound is a lot softer than most tires thus the ride is going to be better, however, I've come to find that when the P-Zero's get about 50% wear the ride of the car becomes harder and not as smooth. To echo what "bwhitmore" just said above, remember to get a complete set of P-Zero's that either have the red logo or that do not have the red logo's. Once again, thanks for selling me the stock 18" wheels that you have.

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bwhitemore - wow, thanks for the info! I never realized that there was a difference. I will find out if the 285's are back in stock.

Mike - no, thank YOU for buying my wheels. I am sure you will be 100% happy. And if you don't mind, I would like to wait for the 285's to come in rather than putting mismatched tires. I will keep you posted.

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick update: I spoke with Tire Rack and he was mentioning that the 295 and 355 Rosso are only available in black. Furthermore, the only 285 Pirelli makes is 35 series which is too tall for our application. Am I missing something?

Thanks

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quick update: I spoke with Tire Rack and he was mentioning that the 295 and 355 Rosso are only available in black. Furthermore, the only 285 Pirelli makes is 35 series which is too tall for our application. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Go to us.pirelli.com, and call them back. That's not correct, and I have spoken to reps at Tire Rack and Pirelli both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth