Comp Coupe Camshaft installed

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the CC cam installed a few days ago. I was told by a reputable vender that it was good for 10-20 rwhp over the stock cam but the torque would drop 5-10 rwhp. So I went ahead and installed it knowing it was a very minimal gain, but also being a Mopar part wouldnt give me too much hassle for warranty work ect. Like a big power after market lopey camshaft would.

I had some tuneing issues with a mail order tune I received and for now Im on the stock tune. Possibly gonna try and buy the software so that my SCT can be tuned by my local shop here in Hawaii on the dyno.

Mods were

stock oem tune
Arrow roller rockers
KN intake
custom exhaust with no cats
abs wires and new plugs
Findnza light weight fly wheel
Light weight under drive pulley
Roe Racing kooler thermostat
Comp coupe camshaft

car dynoed a disapointing 473 rwhp and 500 rwt SAE on a dynojet

Thinking that with tuneing on the dyno she'll really wake up

The mild baby camshaft is a lil rougher then I was expecting. I figured it was so mild that their would be virtually no differance. I was wrong. At idle their is a lil lope that is pretty pleseant. Not overly done. But those of us who have been around cammed cars would be able to tell somthing was up.

As far as acelleration the car literally feels like a differant car now. The previous stock camshaft would be brutal in lower rpm's but then around 5000 rpm's start dyning out a lil and you could tell you needed to shift soon to get back into your power band.

The Comp Coupe camshaft while still brutal in the lower rpm's is a little less OMG hold on for Dear life than the stock camshaft but really comes to life in the mid range and upper rpm's. Pulling Harder and harder till 6000 rpm's unlike the stock cam that starts dying at 5k.

I do think the car is faster now even untuned than before the CC cam. I went out to do 1/4 mile runs tonight to compare to my pre cam 1/4 mile numbers but it started raining. So I will try again tomorrow night.

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know your the video man all the time. So can you do me a favor and record the car at idle. I am in the process of getting a cam right now but i dont have enough money to go all out and get a better cam with rockers and springs and the whole nine yards. So im thinking about buying the cc but i want to make sure i have some lope sound. And where did you purchase the cam? I bet with the correct sct tune that it will help make up for the lost torque on the stock tune. Thanks

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister, a word of advice........get your tune squared away before you go out and start doing WOT pulls. ;)

Do you have a wideband installed in the car to monitor a/f?

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did the AFR while on the dyno with the stock tune and the dyno/shop owner said it was more than safe and no problem to run like this till I can get tuneing.

As far as the video my PC is messed up so work in progess

snakem04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did the AFR while on the dyno with the stock tune and the dyno/shop owner said it was more than safe and no problem to run like this till I can get tuneing.

As far as the video my PC is messed up so work in progess

Ok good luck with it. send a pm if you get the video up since i might not check this thread in a few days.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4