Comp Coupe vs. 2000 Mustang Cobra R

sparty116

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I would post here to get more responses

A budy of mine, who is a huge Mustang fan, and myself got into a "heated" discussion of how a Cobra R would do against a Comp Coupe on ANY track.

He insisted that with equal tire (i.e. slicks) that a Cobra R would be more than a handful for a Comp Coupe, because "they put just as much development into it as Dodge did".

I of course, said he was drunk and doing some very heavy drugs to even think that it would even stand a chance in hell.

I know he is crazy, but I just want to get everyones input in how bad it would really be.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course Iam assuming the Cobra R is as it came from Ford, Right??

If so your talking night and day...the Cobra R although built a race ready car out of the box,(tweeeked 351 ci) never was meant to compete against the CC,(it would be like asking a VW to be like a Cadilac), it would certainly have its asp handed to it by the Viper,period.....my 2c

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant imagine a stock (?) Cobra R even being close to a CC. Just the CC brakes alone will put it out of the Cobra R's league much less the acceleration to follow. Not even close.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Cobra R will get its ass handed to it by the newer SVT cobras in just about every way. Maybe he was thinking about a Gen 1 viper cause that is about the only viper it can come close to.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i believe he was speaking of the Cobra R built for Grand Am Racing...

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
ANY cobra would have no chance against a Comp Coupe, even with me driving the CC.

The boy was obviously delirious on some potent drug.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's an experienced Cobra R local to me that I pass regularly on track days with my GTS.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm new to the viper world, so would someone mind explaining the difference between a comp coupe viper say against my 06 stock viper coupe. sorry if this is a stupid question. thanks.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is the comp coupe street legal? or is it just for the track. also curious what a comp coupe oil pan is and or does. again sorry for my lack of car mechanics, i'm trying to learn.thanks