Competition Coupe Style roof vent

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am interested in obtaining a competition coupe style roof vent, but not just a fake. I want one that can really be used to allow fresh air into the cockpit on demand. Ideas?

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard they make one, I will try them. The only thing is that I thought the one they have is for looks only.... thanks though

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Steve or Ted at Valaya. They have installed at least one, functional roof vent. I have no idea whose part they started with.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roof scoop

Next time just buy an RT! All the air you need.

000_0108a.JPG

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by J SMITH on 01-28-2003 at 09:57 PM</font>

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got my roof scoop from Autoform. I really like it, but it's just for looks right now. The scoop CAN be made to be functional, but I didn't want to cut a hole in my roof. I did modify my scoop to give it a more real appearence than what Autoform had it in stock form. Here's some pics.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that looks great! I will contact them. I was also wondering if a GOOD body shop could make the top like my Supra was. Think its called 'targa' - but a removable hard top. (I want to keep the GTS lines for those that will say get an RT)

=)

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The scoop rocks. I'm ordering one. Just some additional info if you haven't ever had your roofliner out...

With the liner out you see the underside of the roof with support structure made out of the same material (SMC) going along the front and sides. There is a double ridge down the center between driver and passenger.

The VERY INTERSTING thing is that there are two rectangular cut outs in the front center through the support beam.

I don't know that it was intentional, but they are perfectly places so that you could cut out only the skin from the outside and have a functional vent.

Now you would have to do something special with the headliner if it were to go back in, but it isn't a big project.

With a die grinder, automotive fastener puller and phillips head screwdriver the entire install could be done in an hour.

How much was your vent unpainted snake keeper?