Computer tuning question

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no PCM modules out there at the moment which will increase your hp. On newer cars the factory computers are calibrated fairly perfectly for the car. However if you modified your viper in any way the Roe piggy back box can increase your power output. Dont bother with the mopar ECU it does nothing but take away power according to most.

In about 3 months there is going to be a complete plug and play programable fuel/ignition/boost/nitrous/traction/etc.... box available for the vipers. It will be much more costly than the Roe computer, about 2k but is a totaly different beast.

Reaction score
Not to be disrespectful, but, methinks I would like some actual demonstration of this unit backed up with data before I parted with that that kind of money. Russ, you let the proverbial "cat out of the bag", now show us the goods! This would be the foundation of all Viper engine Mods if you can pull it off. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jim,

I totally agree no one should buy anything before it has been tried and tested.

As I said the unit just became available for sale for other cars, and the race box is ready less harness. The race harness should be ready in 1 month and the plug and play box should be ready in about 3 months.

The unit was tested on cars for the past 6 months while software was being completed from beta. And currently there are a number of street cars and 3 race cars which are using the box.

None of them are vipers, mine will be the first viper to have the box on it. Well actually no Grants performance's Twin turbo Viper will have the box on it but it will not be the plug and play unit since they are not willing to wait that long for it. They did after all give the factory ECU to get sacrificed for this to happen.

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The products is made by someone completely out of the Viper world, but one of the owners is a VIPER fan and a good friend of mine. He and I have long been discussing Viper products from his company, however the other 2 majority share holders felt that the VIPER market is much too small for them to get involved.

Since the conception of the Management unit about 1.5 years ago, the 1 Viper lover knew that it would take more than 1 injector per cylinder for many hi horsepower cars, hence the ability to control 10 or more. And since he was the primary person involved with the software designers, a simple word of controlling any amount of cylinders up to 12 was introduced(with me calling him on a daily basis to make sure he said it).

Anyway the units are compete and actually already being sold for other cars, we are just waiting for the Dodge Viper plug and play box. If anyone wants a race unit which they would have to wire them selves it is attainable now for under 2k. And the unit is downright the best stand alone fuel/ignition management unit on the market today.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1bad, you should just put that number in your signature. It would be a lot easier...
cool.gif

Gerald

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
Gerald as you should for DLM.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is, see below. Just trying to help...
cool.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian R