Connelly vs. black

inVision

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious why I don't see many Vipers with the connelly (sp?) leather interiors? Was this a factory option? Wouldn't this be more preferrable over the black?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it does come down to preference. I think it is the best choice with my color, but with other exterior colors black looks best. This is a factory option for certain colors in certain years as Chuck said.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I think that the Connelly is much better looking than the black. I just took delivery of my brand new RT/10 in Sapphire Blue with Connelly Interior. The color combination looks great. I think that it is the best color interior on dark color cars. It also does not show wear as much as the black leather.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the Connelly interior on any Viper that I have seen so far. There may be some color that it goes well with, but I've yet to see it. In all cases that I have seen it, it takes away from the exterior of the Viper too much. A car is supposed to harmonize, not have parts that stick out as though they were part of another car. Ya know?
You must be registered for see images

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone show me a pic of the Connelly interior?

Thanks!

I hijacked this from KurtZ RT 10. None of mine I have on the pc show the interior to well. It really does appear lighter or darker depending on the light.

210MVC-006F-med.JPG

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the Connelly interior on any Viper that I have seen so far. There may be some color that it goes well with, but I've yet to see it. In all cases that I have seen it, it takes away from the exterior of the Viper too much. A car is supposed to harmonize, not have parts that stick out as though they were part of another car. Ya know?

Daffy
I respect your opinion, but if there was ever a color the interior was made for it is defiently the Sapphire. Very harmonious. :cool:

195000_0107a-med.JPG

I will have to get a better pic to post.

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've not seen a Connelly and Sapphire in person yet, so hey, that just might be the combo. Glad it works for you.

Yes, let's see some more pictures of it.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
As a rule from what I have seen, connelly leather looks best in dark colored cars, and black looks best in lighter colored cars. A Red car with connelly would look WEIRD, but Black int. looks great. Just as how a connelly leather int. in a Black Viper looks AWESOME. you need a light-to-dark offset, one way or the other.

OP
OP
I

inVision

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For some reason I was thinking it would be more of a Ferrari tan, which would look great with red. But I agree, the Connelly would look best on dark cars. I think the steering wheel looks a bit strange though regardless, I think I would change the steering wheel to all black.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Connolly goes GREAT with black and seems to look pretty good with the sapphire blue and the steel grey, IMHO, but in person, I've only seen it with black exteriors.

If the Connolly was a biscuit or light beige color it would go with other exterior colors too. Some have described the shade as a cross between a basketball & the poop from an ailing dog. Despite that description, it is much more rich looking than the black leather.

S

sachin

I personally prefer the black interior, had it in the 01 Saphire RT/10 before. :)

OP
OP
I

inVision

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 01-02 black GTS with silver stripes and connelly interior would be my preference, wonder how hard it would be to find one like that...

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think 01-02 black GTS with silver stripes and connelly interior would be my preference, wonder how hard it would be to find one like that...

InVision.

I would say this would be nearly impossible since DC did not produce black cars in 01 or 02. 2000 saw 13 black/striped GTS's with cognac. :usa:

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Us? You're one to talk...with 3136 posts. *chuckle*
Here's to posting as much as you want to, so long as you have something to say.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Remember " Mad Cow"Disease wiped out the Connelly hides, hence they shalt not appear again. If Connelly arises from the ashes, it will be with a new
herd, but in all likelyhood, you have " herd " the last. The striped combo, if I remember correctly, was last available in 2000,and the 2001 and 2002
Snakes had to be a solid color to get the Cognac interior. The demand seems to be growing with the demise of the British Beef Seats, so one can
speculate that all the combos will see a rise in resale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang