Considering an ACR

dsevo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi gents. I'm a long time lurker, but haven't posted much. I'm considering getting an ACR, and could use your opinion. I've never driven a Viper, but I have owned a 360 and a Z06. The Z06 was a pretty amazing car, but it lacked that special feeling which is why I'm not really considering the ZR1. Something about the ACR just does it for me. Anyways, here's two cars I am considering:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/666688-Gen-IV-ACR-for-sale...with-thanks-to-AbsolutHank!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...rs_Trucks&hash=item232b7e5ee1#ht_28069wt_1182

I guess I'm just wondering your opinion on the miles and the value. I'm a big fan of the red interior, but from what I've gathered, 23k miles is pretty high for an ACR. The big plus on the forum car is the Max Care Warranty. There is a $5k price delta, and I'm assuming both prices are somewhat negotiable. I'm just wondering what car is a better deal since they both have tradeoffs. Thanks for any insight.

Elohim1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assure you ,the viper is the right move. I went from a 03 Z06 to an 03 viper.
The only reason someone would stick with a vette is because they never drove a viper or they are hen pecked. The viper is a mans car !

I now have an 08 viper and there are ZERO regrets even though it cost considerably more than the previous two.

I really like the ACR's.

OP
OP
D

dsevo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The Z was a great daily driver, but didn't feel special and I quickly fell out of love with it. I won't be daily driving the ACR, so I'm fine with the race car manners, hot door sills, and terrible visibility. I've seen less Vipers than Italian exotics (never seen a Gen IV here in Hawaii), and I like unique cars. I figure the ACR is a relatively safe buy for depreciation too, so I should be able to drive it a year or two and not lose my shirt. But I still want to make sure I get the best deal possible, that's just how I am.

Elohim1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The Z was a great daily driver, but didn't feel special and I quickly fell out of love with it. I won't be daily driving the ACR, so I'm fine with the race car manners, hot door sills, and terrible visibility. I've seen less Vipers than Italian exotics (never seen a Gen IV here in Hawaii), and I like unique cars. I figure the ACR is a relatively safe buy for depreciation too, so I should be able to drive it a year or two and not lose my shirt. But I still want to make sure I get the best deal possible, that's just how I am.

Actually the gun IV I have was originally shipped/sold in Hawaii when new.
Now its in Ohio !

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are nice cars. I really like that interior on the eBay car and someone here should know the history.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also have a C6Z,and yes it's a great street car,and a great track car too. Out of the cars, my ACR is my favorite one. Everything about it from how sick it looks, to the performance etc. It's also crazy how many ppl trip on it when I'm out on a drive. Here in August we have the biggest,and most prestigious cars shows,car auctions in the world. People look at my ACR more than the exotics. There's no other Viper that looks meaner. Makes the Gen V look plain,and would **** it on the track too..

If you can try and get a 2010 ACR. On the 2010s the 5th gear has been revised. It's shorter. I like it a lot. So when you're going in to 4th to 5th you won't get that bog..

You must be registered for see images attach

My C6Z

Last edited:

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If your going to track the car, ACR all the way. If you just want a cruiser, definately the vert, especially in Hawaii

Brass Monkey ACR E

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 ACR is probly the way to go since it was the lowest production year-507 total VIPERS. But they are ALL NICE no matter what year,ACR /VIPER. Don't expect to see out of the rear window you have to rely on the side mirrors,definately "replace the cup tires" or don't get caught in the rain. If you go to ANY shows with the VIPER it is like a people magnet,not many on the road. If you are shopping for a CHRYSLER MAX ENTENDED WARRANT try WOODHOUSE DODGE-Bill Pemperton Blair NEBRASKA 402.677.5864 . You will definately love the car

OP
OP
D

dsevo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. Assuming there isn't any weird history on the car, I have decided the one with the red interior is really what I want. I will likely contact the dealer tomorrow. I would prefer a 2010, but the price difference is relatively substantial. The changes just aren't worth the money difference to me. If I buy an 08 and decide I want the different gearing I will just change the final drive ratio. I've been around quite a few exotics, and something about the Viper always attracts people. It's really weird, but they can be sitting next to a half million dollar car at a show and people will still flock to the Viper. Not that I care about the attention, but I do appreciate the uniqueness. Plus they are American, and that matters to me.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the ACR! You can't go wrong with any of them. But as others have mentioned, consider swapping out for Super Sports if you plan on driving it on the street much. I was not a fan of the cups for the street.

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses guys. Assuming there isn't any weird history on the car, I have decided the one with the red interior is really what I want. I will likely contact the dealer tomorrow. I would prefer a 2010, but the price difference is relatively substantial. The changes just aren't worth the money difference to me. If I buy an 08 and decide I want the different gearing I will just change the final drive ratio. I've been around quite a few exotics, and something about the Viper always attracts people. It's really weird, but they can be sitting next to a half million dollar car at a show and people will still flock to the Viper. Not that I care about the attention, but I do appreciate the uniqueness. Plus they are American, and that matters to me.

I have free/unlimited autocheck until the end of the month, I can send you a report if you send me the VIN.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called about the red 08 ACR with the custom interior when it first came on. It was busy when I called. I didn't leave a message and he called me back and asked which car I wanted to know about. He told me the guy he was talking to when I called bought the car and he was writing it up. I guess the deal fell through:dunno: It's gorgeous but now I just may wait until winter to see where pricing goes between ACR's and GenV's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadlick32