Continuing saga of power window

TriGuy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was having problems with the driver's side window not rolling down and up when you open and close the door. (Passenger's side works like a champ.) Viper tech said you can't adjust the drop down distance - it's part of the window motor. So we ordered a new window motor.

I finally got around to taking it in and getting it replaced. Well, now it goes down sometimes, but other times it catches the top - which it never did before. (Big sigh.)

Is there anyone with a GEN III that has NOT had a problem with at least one of the windows?!

At this point I just give up and will put up with the annoyance. Kind of a pain, but I don't see any point in getting another window motor.

Oh well. I guess there are only factory recalls in the case of safety and not just annoying things wrong? :rolleyes:

Hope others have had better experience.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems with either window here (knocking on wood)

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine smashes the top if the door doesnt close all the way the first time and you try to close it again without putting the window down, sounds like it is going to break. i just get back in the car, turn the key and lower the window or just lower if im already in it, and then shake my head and say "american made car"

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just a suggestion...

If the window is hitting the forward edge of the "a" pillar, ask your tech if he can slide the window back very slightly on its' mount.

This is the only thing I've been able to figure out.

The "smart glass" in theory, cannot work intermittently, but the glass itself, if not mounted correctly, can be just a bit further forward than what would allow the smartglass to drop the window down enough to allow it to "miss" the pillar.

OP
OP
T

TriGuy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine doesn't hit the pillar, it hits the fabric along the horizontal egde.

That's what mine is doing on the driver's side with the new motor. Before, it wouldn't drop down. Now it catches the top.

redsrt03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My windows seem to work okay. (But I'll trade you for your minor window problems for my clutch problems.

OP
OP
T

TriGuy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My windows seem to work okay. (But I'll trade you for your minor window problems for my clutch problems.

A generous offer - but I believe I'll keep my problem vs trade for yours.
;)

Though my first choice would be to just rid ourselves of all the problems!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems here. You can always trade down to an earlier model that has no windows at all ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine