Cool video

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL! Great Video! I love it when he spells out "VIPER" . I gotta save this one.
Thanks!

06 VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes they do! Love this video! Especially when they borrowed my beast...Leaving work now to do some burn-outs.. I wish! Going to have to till next month. Roads are clear but very cold and there is to much salt on the road.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gotta save this one............great vid.
It explains Viper like its supposed to be ........raw power, simple and beautiful. I love it when others love the car.

Also if I recall the Viper name is already patented in the UK thats why they can only call it SRT-10.

LMAO!

Patrick

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Funny, they forgot to mention its world class braking abilities. How could they miss that?

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"...This is an open vehicle, drive carefully...No!" Great line.

Funny, they forgot to mention its world class braking abilities. How could they miss that?
Jeremy never uses the breaks, he just lets every car spin to a stop.

Ghetto2315

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get it...

I have seen this plenty of times and I love how he compliments the SRT-10 over and over, but there is another Top Gear video where they compare the C6 to the SRT-10 and there he just absolutely bashes and rips on it, stating its horrible...

I'll try to find it, but for now you guys enjoy this link:
http://www.tunertrader.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=516

Oh BTW, make sure to check out the Ariel Atom one... its a good laugh

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clarkson regularly changes his mind, no matter how fervent that he was either for or against any car.

Here is a recent quote of his...
"I try on opinions like I try on clothes, standing in front of a mirror and wondering if they suit me. Sometimes, I take them home and realise I made a bad choice, so I throw them away and get new ones.

This gets me into all sorts of trouble because I can have a definite, firmly held view on, say, a new Peugeot and then, when I drive it again, I can't remember what on earth that view might have been.

People sometimes stop me in the street and are alarmed to find I sing the praises of something I destroyed in print just two weeks earlier."

He openly said that he LOVES the SRT-10 as he did the earlier Viper because of it's in-your-face raw nature.
He tortured the car so badly that he caught it on fire, but he was still impressed that he couldn't break it (as he had done with several Italian exotic cars before). :laugh:

One important fact to understand is that Top Gear is a show meant as entertainment, and not some unbiased, accurate comparative program, equally evaluating all cars.

Plus DC isn't doing much to promote the Viper (SRT-10) in Europe, and the couple distributors who are importing the tiny handful of SRT-10s are tacking on a steep premium.
Most reviews of the SRT-10 Viper would be much worse in the U.S. if Dodge had tried to sell them here for $160,000+! :eek:

With them exporting so few cars over to Europe, and with the price already being pushed up so high, I have to wonder why they don't just throw on a Paxton supercharger into the SRT-10 to make a real impression!
At least with 650-700HP, the grin factor would outweigh any ideas of impracticality. :2tu:

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont get it...

I have seen this plenty of times and I love how he compliments the SRT-10 over and over, but there is another Top Gear video where they compare the C6 to the SRT-10 and there he just absolutely bashes and rips on it, stating its horrible...

I'll try to find it, but for now you guys enjoy this link:
http://www.tunertrader.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=516

Oh BTW, make sure to check out the Ariel Atom one... its a good laugh

Your confusing two different British shows. The dufus your talking about was from a show called FIFTH GEAR. Clarkson is from TOP GEAR. I have the video. He knows nothing about the history of the Viper and complains there is no heads up display or traction control. Could you imagine what he would say about the 1st Generation Vipers.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recorded the entire Viper bit of that Top Gear episode on DVD when it first aired on BBC and loved just about every bit (except for them not doing a rematch on a dry track :mad: ), footage quality is excellent :D
Later I looked up an article in some car mag, and that said that Clarkson would LOVE to have an SRT-10 if only it came in right hand drive :confused:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960