Corsa with headers or without?

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Are you guys running your corsas with headers or not? How much of a difference in sound is there??

juniormint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my opinion, I have 05 with a corsa track, it sounds like the exhaust is a tune one, not loud enough for me. My father has a 05 w/Belanger headers, Random Tech hi-flow cats and a corsa track, this 05 sounds freakin mean!
Both of our cars were just at the Dyno, mine sounded good not real loud, the 05 w/ full exhaust people stepped outside because of how loud it was.
So if you don't want it too loud,just do the corsa track.

OP
OP
Y

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want it loud... is it possible to do corsa track without high flow cats?? Is there alot of drone with this setup?? I don't want to go with the high flow cats because i've heard some of them have had issues...

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a huge difference running the Corsa track with and without headers.

Corsa track without headers is a lot less loud than with headers.

Corsa track with headers is too loud for my tastes, but your ears may be less sensitive than mine.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just recently changed out my stock headers/Random Cats/Corsa exhaust with Belanger headers/Corsa and no cats and it’s a lot louder. I concur w/ Jr.& Kia. This is a very personal thing, it is almost too loud for me. Sounds fantastic and at the track it sounds even better. Then there are the flames that shoot out, say good by to your paint. .

Also note that when I took off the Random Cats, the innards pretty much disintegrated, like wood chips all over the floor. I had the Random’s on for maybe 4 months.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having just gone through the install myself of belanger headers and exhaust..........this is what has happened to me so far. I mean literally within 3 hrs of the install.

Events :

Lady threw her book up in the air while reading in her car at a gas station when I started the car.

Old man, almost lost control of car as I down shifted and the back fire poppin scared the **** out of him.

Two thumbs up from several drivers

Two thumbs up from lovely lady while I was driving on highway.

Neighbour says her house shakes when I pull into my garage.

My wife opens the garage door a block away cause she can hear me coming. Not cumimg..............coming.

Police can hear me now while before they could only see me . Double wammy !

I have yet to turn the radio on . Whats the point I can't hear it !

Ear ache and head ache but then again I drove for 3 hrs straight. I think I need to relearn to drive with this new system.

Again this is only within 3 hrs of the new install. Wow ! So if you want it LOUD this is the way to go !

Patrick

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having just gone through the install myself of belanger headers and exhaust..........this is what has happened to me so far. I mean literally within 3 hrs of the install.

Events :

Lady threw her book up in the air while reading in her car at a gas station when I started the car.

Old man, almost lost control of car as I down shifted and the back fire poppin scared the **** out of him.

Two thumbs up from several drivers

Two thumbs up from lovely lady while I was driving on highway.

Neighbour says her house shakes when I pull into my garage.

My wife opens the garage door a block away cause she can hear me coming. Not cumimg..............coming.

Police can hear me now while before they could only see me . Double wammy !

I have yet to turn the radio on . Whats the point I can't hear it !

Ear ache and head ache but then again I drove for 3 hrs straight. I think I need to relearn to drive with this new system.

Again this is only within 3 hrs of the new install. Wow ! So if you want it LOUD this is the way to go !

Patrick

haha thats awesome Patrick!! I remember the first day I got mine done obviously I had to down shift and WOT it a crap load of times and I accidently made a guy fall off his bike while he was riding on the sidewalk!! Guess I scared the crap out of him! I felt bad for him but couldn't help but laugh... :D :eek:

OP
OP
Y

YoungDoc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its so loud you can't even hear your radio at all??? Also, does it really hurt the paint?? I remember when I was running no cats and headers on my camaro SS back in the day when I used clay on the back of it a whole bunch of resin came off that wasn't visible to the eye... hmmm...

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its so loud you can't even hear your radio at all??? Also, does it really hurt the paint?? I remember when I was running no cats and headers on my camaro SS back in the day when I used clay on the back of it a whole bunch of resin came off that wasn't visible to the eye... hmmm...

No point in turning the radio on, the sound from the exhaust is too loud. You really have to blast the radio to hear it!.

No issues with paint ..............don;t get me wrong the sound is awsome. I think I just need more time. Too early to tell !

Patrick

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Let’s see, headers + no cats + 5 feet straight pipe + unburned gas = flames baby. The problem is that the pipes go out sideways, so as you are moving, the wind blows the very hot air/flame right against the side of the car. The panels are aluminum so they take the heat very well but the paint not so well. Ever wonder why there is a different paint around the exhaust hole?

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s see, headers + no cats + 5 feet straight pipe + unburned gas = flames baby. The problem is that the pipes go out sideways, so as you are moving, the wind blows the very hot air/flame right against the side of the car. The panels are aluminum so they take the heat very well but the paint not so well. Ever wonder why there is a different paint around the exhaust hole?

The Voretex cones on my system got rid of the flames. (I kind of liked the flames, so I had mixed feelings about this.)

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want it loud... is it possible to do corsa track without high flow cats?? Is there alot of drone with this setup?? I don't want to go with the high flow cats because i've heard some of them have had issues...

Corsa did a decent job minimizing any in-cabin resonance with the track system. The benefits to the track are numerous with no issues. Go for it.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Been there, done that, won't go back.

As Kai stated above, way too loud with headers and Corsa Track. The first 30 minutes is fun. After that, your ears start to ring. No sure how much hearing loss you suffer, my ears were pretty much shot before that trial and error.

Other downside, as mentioned above, the cops can hear you for miles. This is never good.

Radio / CD player, don't even turn it on, you can't hear it.

If you leave the cats out, you'll get real tired of smelling the exhaust. Eyes will water and you won't feel too well if you get stuck in stop and go traffic.

Have fun,

Dan

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha...reminds me, I was running a modded Porsche GT2 on the freeway a few weeks back, and we have it on camera. My buddy told me I had like 3 foot long blue flames blowing out of my side exhausts when I was going through third, he said it looked bad ass....I never did see it though :(

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper X has some very good points and I will have to agree with his comments about smelling gas with no Cats. I think I will last another month or so with this set up before going back with Cats and it's all fun

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok but in the UK for track you need to be about 100db so with a Corsa track has anyone done a sound level test or added Vortex cones to reduce the level to 100db.

I know this is a bit off thread but its heat I want to loose but increase in db may get me kicked off the UK tracks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21