Cost of insurance?

FASTRNU

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if I will see a big jumnp in rates going from a 2002 Corvette to a 2004 Viper?

Basically, I have my house and two other cars insured with my insurance carrier. I have a completely clean driving record. No tickets for 9 years. I get a multi-car discount.

Has anyone been thru Vette to Viper and how did your rates fare? I hadn't really considered the insurance consequences of buying a Viper.
Dave

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not found much difference over the years with any of the high perf cars I owned, Vette was similar to 996 Cab was similar to RT/10 Viper, but I do have the car listed as a leisure only under 7500 mile a year car on a multi car policy. It sounds like that is also your situation so I wouldn't expect much difference. It your'e worried about it I'm sure your agent can give you a Phone quote instantly, I have called mine several times when I was considering a trade to make sure I wasn't stepping in something smelly.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it can vary wildly, depending on factors like where you live, your age, driving record, whether the car is a "daily driver" or "leisure only". it can also vary alot between insurance companies.

if you are over 35, leisure only, multi-car, and don't live in the ghetto, then you _should_ be fine.

a few years back, i lived out in the country and bought a Viper. my insurance went up $2500/year. when i moved to downtown KC (really close to the ghetto) a month later, my insurance went up another $7500/yr. it went up a total of $10,000/yr for that Viper. i was over 30, no points, no accidents, and had multicar and multipolicy discounts. i was able to shop around and get the premium down to $8500/yr, but i just decided to sell the Viper instead. because of where i live now, my C5, even on a multicar discount, and with me being over 35, no accidents, no tickets, no points, is still $1600/yr.

anyway, my point is there are alot of variables, you should shop around, and you can make it happen if you want to. or, you might be pleasantly surprised when you get t he ins. co. bill. never know. :)

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... it went up a total of $10,000/yr for that Viper. i was over 30, no points, no accidents, and had multicar and multipolicy discounts. i was able to shop around and get the premium down to $8500/yr, but i just decided to sell the Viper instead. because of where i live now, my C5, even on a multicar discount, and with me being over 35, no accidents, no tickets, no points, is still $1600/yr.

anyway, my point is there are alot of variables, you should shop around, and you can make it happen if you want to. or, you might be pleasantly surprised when you get t he ins. co. bill. never know. :)

HOLY COW $10,000 a year for insurance :eek: . I pay $1100 a year for full coverage for the Viper. I am 33 and no tickets or accidents. If I had to pay 10 grand a year for insurance I better get FULL SERVICE ;) from my female insurance agent.

ROB :usa:

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FASTRNU, I went from an 01 C5 to a 02 RT/10 I have Nationwide I'm 38, no accidents or tickets & mine went up about 18.00 per month.

Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang