Coupe pictures from VOI !! WHERE ARE THEY

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dare I say it...? I think the SRT-10 looks much better. The back end almost looks like a kit car! Viper D Nailed it when hew said it looks retro. First thing I thought when I saw the back was 2005 Mustang!

I'll be keeping my Mamba.

Why couldnt they have just taken the CC body, shortened the back overhang by 5 inches or so and called it a day?

I will be keeping mine too. Until they make the cc street legal.
:p

vd

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the car is NOT stellar. the carbon concept looked much better, and i also agree the CC body is much more appealing than that thing! looks like they grafted a GTS roof onto a SRT and it just does not work for me. I just hope any power additions will work on the early SRT.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Chrysler didn't give a clean enough slate to the designer or the designer is not good enough. Designs must have harmony to be timeless. There's just too much clutter. Here's my $0.02.

- Red reflector on the rear quarter panel should go.
- The break in the flow on the rear bumper where it meets the rear quarter panel should be smoothened.
- The rear bumper doesn't look round-edged or square edged and doesn't flow at all with most of the rear of the car.
- The panel behind the rear hatch seems too big and should not have a break.
- B-frame doesn't seem to line up with the door.
- Those extra-wide stripes look horrible, stick with the GTS size.
- The mismatch between the rear of the car flowing around curved lines and the front flowing along angled lines seems obvious.
- I could complain about the front but given that it's all SRT, what's the point.
- Overall I'd say if we cut an SRT front and stick it to a GTS rear, we'd get the SRT coupe. Very amateurish!

DC,
please give us the CC body style on the coupe. It seems to fit the all angled aggressive look. Why can't you design what we want? Fire your lead designer and hire me. :D

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is great that DC listened to all the people moan and complain that they would never forgive DC if they didn't debut a coupe at VOI8. It just goes to show that they are trying to satify the Viper faithful. I'm sure they are paying attention to the comments on the new coupe and we will see some styling and horsepower changes in the production version. Just my $.02.

Dash
2004 SRT10

No they aren't, they are trying to recoup all the financial losses due to the lacklustre sales performance of the SRT-10 and use up all remaining parts. Any and all remaining parts will be sold off to Honda for remaining S2000 production which is scheduled to end in 2007

If DC really cared they would have done a coupe from the start, never pulled out of ALMS, FIA and LeMans. Additionally they would have funded a Speed WC GT car and never even considered supporting "drifting". Sucking DC's e-**** won't get you another complimentary windbreaker.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to believe that they are going to let the viper wither on the vine like this.
I do believe they threw this abomination together at the last minute due to demand by the faithful to show a coupe at VOI.
Even so, it seems like it would have been just as easy to make a street version of the CC without making any major new parts/components. I believe most of us have given them the message that that is what we were hoping for.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No they aren't, they are trying to recoup all the financial losses due to the lacklustre sales performance of the SRT-10 and use up all remaining parts. Any and all remaining parts will be sold off to Honda for remaining S2000 production which is scheduled to end in 2007

If DC really cared they would have done a coupe from the start, never pulled out of ALMS, FIA and LeMans. Additionally they would have funded a Speed WC GT car and never even considered supporting "drifting". Sucking DC's e-**** won't get you another complimentary windbreaker.

Sorry, but if I recall correctly the RT/10 preceded the GTS by over 4 years. So I guess Chrysler did not care back then either. Or it is just you getting your facts screwed up. If it were not for the RT/10 the GTS would never have been. Same for the SRT Coupe. Same for the original Daytona (and Cobra that preceded it).

Craig if you could pull your anti-DC and anti-SRT head out of your ass before typing it would save us all some time reading your drivel.

DT04R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy Folks!

I like the design on the SRT-10 (vert) quite a bit (in fact, I may be shopping one vs. a GTS which was my original intent), so I was a *BIG* fan of the Carbon Coupe, which - from what I could see - was basically a fixed hardtop Vert, with some body changes (hood, trunk deck, lower fascia) and tricked out motor (power _and_ cosmetics).

IMHO, DC should follow GM's strategy with the Z06 (which as some may know, actually uses a Vert chassis as a starting point). Even a hand built car like the Viper could benefit from a little economy of scale (since the price is pretty damn amazing for the exotic/supercar that it is!). I'm sure even for a marquee car like the Viper, there's still the bottom line to content with, meaning a coupe that has way too many dedicated panels/parts likely won't happen (again, just my $0.02).

However, the Carbon Coupe seems like a great way to go, even though the visual difference between it and a Vert with an aftermarket hardtop is not that great. So upgrade the Coupe (like the Z06) with a few cosmetic touches and some performance items:

Fixed Roof - better structural rigidity
Integrated rear deck spoiler
Dedicated Coupe hood

Go ahead and do the CF materials, and drop 50-60 lbs, but paint them for people who don't want that exposed carbon look (I've seen a ton of CF parts painted locally, so it's very doable, even though GM can't get it straight).

Then just do the LS6 thing: take the existing 8.3L, open the heads, a little beefier cam - I believe the Viper gets gas guzzlered anyway, so I would think opening up another 50-75 (100?) would be a pretty standard hot-rodding excercise. Then you also have a Mopar performance package for existing SRT's, and some additoinal "aftermarket" revenue.

Do a titanium exhaust, drop another 30+ lbs

Dedicated wheels/tires - drop 15-20 lbs of unsprung/rotational weight

Do gears right from the factory, maybe 3:55's, and a dedicated coupe rearend/clutch setup to handle the extra power

Add improved shocks with an adjustable setup, bigger sways, etc., a coupe specific suspension.

Add some lighter (but still streetable) seats, maybe find another 20+ lbs of weight reduction. Maybe a harness option (i.e., the ACR)

And maybe a Coupe specific brake setup - or maybe a really slick looking (and functional) brake duct setup, using a custom fascia. Heck some good ducting and some 2-piece rotors would help tremendously on track, reduce rotational weight, add some coupe specific design touches, and not compromise the existing engineering.

So the Coupe shows up, looking 90-95% like the existing SRT-10, *but* has significant weight reductions (maybe 3200lbs?), better suspension and brakes, and more durable track worthiness.

Anyway, you get the idea - I guess it depends if the idea of the coupe is more of a "race" car, a track designed car.

Do people want a coupe because they don't _like_ convertibles? Because they don't want an aftermarket hardtop solution? If potential Coupe owners want the best track/performance setup (which is why I bought a Z, but don't worry I'm planning on a Viper soon :^) just do the few unique and weight saving cosmetic changes, then focus on the performance considerations (ala, the Z06, even the C6/Z51) and I think it would be a winner!

But I think if people just want the coupe to be a huge cosmetic shift from the current SRT-10 design, it's not gonna happen, or it will be a bit of a design mish-mash as DC tries to create a big aesthetic gulf between the vert and coupe.

Take care -

DT

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456