Coupe pictures from VOI !! WHERE ARE THEY

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard the new coupe is their. Where are the pictures come on lets see them. Not that I would buy I want a yellow SRT/10. WE still need pictures who will be first to show them !!!

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are from a cell phone....better then nothing. AT LEAST WE KNOW IT EXIST!!!!!

OP
OP
Mike Adams

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew that month's ago !! I want the real thing. Deep down we all knew Daimler could not produce one. I think they need to up the bar. Any one can make a fast car (new C6) we need style, power and limited production.

I don't want to be another " joe in his 5 oh"

The viper is still a exotic as far as most people are concerned. I see more Porches, ferrari's and vetts than any viper. Around here they are almost as rare as a Lambo.

I owned a vette before, and never had parents ask me if for there kids birthday would I take them for a ride in my car, or if could I bring my car to a wedding for their pictures.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't beliave The Alley got the first pictures. I still cant beliave there aren't any pictures here. Were cameras not allowed there? They got the color right this time, blue and white baby!!

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for anyone who hasn't seen them yet:

5311new_coupe.jpg

5311new_coupe2.jpg

5311new_coupe3.jpg

5311new_coupe4.jpg

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking another look, I still think DC should just simply copy the roof scoop on the competition coupe and put it on the new coupe. I need mine with a roof scoop, it's a must!! The wheels are nice but they would look better if they were chrome, unless they are intentionally like that because they are magnesium?? Brake calipers look awesome of course underneath. The rear is stubby and too upright from what I can see so far, not like they GTS well rounded and smooth. What do you guys think?

Notice how the fog/driving lights are not flush with the body as in the original concept GTS/R coupe. Also, the wheels are the same as those the red raffle srt-10(colour combo. is classy on raffle Viper). I wouldn't mind the red leather seats in the red raffle srt-10 in a red coupe with grey stripes and chromed wheels and a roof air scoop. Again we need a roof scoop!!!!

Cool anyways.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They nailed the rear end and the wheels. Much better than the SRT-10. I would like to know if the triangular line down the fenders is still there or if they fixed that as well. I have to think power is between 550 and 650 horsepower and it will be available as a 2006 model. Realistically I'll be ready to trade in my 01 GTS in 2007 when dealers have to go below MSRP after the first year of introduction. Good job DC. Now why did the VCA board get trumped by the other site. That's pretty weak and hopefully serves up some humble pie to those who caused the split in the first place.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
They nailed the rear end and the wheels. Much better than the SRT-10.

Agreed, love the wheels! This new coupe seems to more "Viper like" than the SRT10. Its got a more daring shape.

And if it handles and brakes like the SRT10, and has more power, then "its a gone ball, over the bleachers, you don't see that very often, folks!"

pssst, over here......That means its a "home run"

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear looks monstrous... in a bad way. It should look like it wants to eat something, not horrendous! The GTS Coupes rear end looks so classy and elegant! The lines don’t flow much, looks like the rear is a huge upper bloated lip. The rear glass opening isn’t cool with the whole thing coming up, it looks to “productionized”, super cars are what dreams are made out of, and they are concepts that just so happen to be brought into production. I wish that DCX could create a program that picks out people and enthusiast that would "touch up" on the car.

DCX and PVO, listen up: Create a new design program that selects enthusiast out to create touch ups for final cars to get more ideas into them. Thanks!

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am not so impressed on the looks kinda looks retro (gts) I think the srt looks better with just a hard top. Lets se some hp #'s hopefully that will change my mind.

vd..

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a GTS roof and rear to me from pics. Unless the car is more powerful, not sure I'll swap my Convertible for it.
I think my GTS looks better.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rear of it is ugly. It just doesnt flow with rest of the car. IMO, the rear of the new coupe shouldnt look like the rear of the GTS. It should look more along the lines of the CC without the wing.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you Austin. If you look at the side profile from one of the pics posted by 426 Hemi, the rear bumper protrudes toooo far. On the GTS the rear bumper comes out about as far as the spoiler and so looks better.
It reminds me of the front bumper on the new Mustang which I also do not like.
I suppose this is just concept and DC wants to hear the criticisms and change accordingly (I sure hope).

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far, I'm not crazy about those pics. The GTS has such graceful lines. These new cars with all of their hard lines are not for me. I think the Gen 1 and 2 vipers (especially the GTS) will become "classics" because of this. I wish they could take a GTS, put in the new drivetrain with 650hp, and make it run really cool, and call it a gen4 coupe. That would be perfect for me.

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The roof and rear looks nice. Shapely without being too bulbous. The wheels are boring. I'll be keeping my convertible.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not thrilled about the new coupe either. As long as it has 650+hp we will all be happy!!!

2charmed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in! 550 hp (I'm guessing?) YES!!!!

Are you listening Chuck???? Oh Viper Wizard, put my name on one of those bad boys!

2charmed
:D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dare I say it...? I think the SRT-10 looks much better. The back end almost looks like a kit car! Viper D Nailed it when hew said it looks retro. First thing I thought when I saw the back was 2005 Mustang!

I'll be keeping my Mamba.

Why couldnt they have just taken the CC body, shortened the back overhang by 5 inches or so and called it a day?

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Why couldnt they have just taken the CC body, shortened the back overhang by 5 inches or so and called it a day?"

It looks to me like they were making an attempt to appeal to both the Gen I/II crowd AND the Gen 3 bunch and grafted one to the other.
As is the case with most of these Frankenstein projects, they will probably not appeal to a majority of either.

Dash Riprock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is great that DC listened to all the people moan and complain that they would never forgive DC if they didn't debut a coupe at VOI8. It just goes to show that they are trying to satify the Viper faithful. I'm sure they are paying attention to the comments on the new coupe and we will see some styling and horsepower changes in the production version. Just my $.02.

Dash
2004 SRT10

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R