Coupe Window tint tomorrow. Anything to be aware of??

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
going tomorrow to have the windows tinted on my Copperhead Coupe. For those who have had this done on your Coupe - are there any things I should be on the lookout for or any recommendations I should be passing on to it installer?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good tint place should be able to do the back windshield with one piece. They should also be confident in their ability to do so. If you ask about it and they say, "Yea we can try that." you should be running for the door.

:usa:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you getting your windshield done? There is a lighter tint that I had installed on both my coupes. I was a little skeptical at first that the visibility would be distorted etc., but it wasn't. It works and looks great.
It really helps keeping the inside temp. down on sunny days too.

Billy The Kidd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you get your windshield done, MAKE SURE that they do not use a brand of tint that is metallic based. 3M is carbon based and works well. If you use a metallic based tint, it can cause interference with the internal antenna in your windshield.

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just hope you don't sit and wait it took them awhile to do mine because of the back window. It looks great though and was well worth it I think.

OP
OP
MuscleJunkie

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all. Had mine done at the 3M place in town that does it. Went with pushing the limit for here in NC on the sides and back and also went with the special film for the windshield. The windshield looks like crap right now to be honest - alot of bubble areas all over - but the installer said those will go away pretty soon. They did both of my vettes - so I am trusting his word for now - but he did say I could bring it back if it was not to my satisfaction. I was asked to bring it back in a couple of days for a "touch up" so we will see then.

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all. Had mine done at the 3M place in town that does it. Went with pushing the limit for here in NC on the sides and back and also went with the special film for the windshield. The windshield looks like crap right now to be honest - alot of bubble areas all over - but the installer said those will go away pretty soon. They did both of my vettes - so I am trusting his word for now - but he did say I could bring it back if it was not to my satisfaction. I was asked to bring it back in a couple of days for a "touch up" so we will see then.

I think you'll eventually love the front windshield being tinted. The Cobra I bought for my wife had the windshield tinted. No visibility problems and it made the other windows look even darker. The car looked much better, IMO. For the "touch up", they'll just squeegee any bubbles out that are still remaining. Can't wait to see it! :)

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's her car, right after we sold it. :D As you can see, you can barely make out the rear view mirror, and not much else. Visibility from inside was great, along with reduced heat/glare.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
MuscleJunkie

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My only concern now is the large amount of bubbles throughout the windshield film. Since I trust the installer I am going to take his word it will go away soon but it really looks horrible right now.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If installation was done properly then there should be water bubbles for 24hours. Don't open or Close your doors

If you can let the car (windshield) set in the sun for a little while it will help to get rid of the bubbles.

OP
OP
MuscleJunkie

MuscleJunkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are few pictures I took of the new tint

06' Copperhead Viper Coupe - Window Tint

Pictures not the best quality since I only had my iPhone with me this afternoon.

I did notice that some of the bubbles have already started to disappear. I guess we will see what happens with them over the next couple days.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Windshield tint is the BEST, I have done it on my last 3 cars! I have 50% on all windows of my vert

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery