Curious about SRT-10 Ram owner experiences...

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local dealer has a 2005 red with nav for a really great price but I am wondering has anyone driven one in snow? and as silly as it is what have you observed for real world gas mileage? I have an 80 mile commute a day and wondering if I can really justify the excellent price. Thanks for your help

Jon

FastGuy68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a 2005 SRT-10 RAM Regular cab for about 8 months last year. Mine got about 17-18 mpg on the Hiway at a steady 80 MPH on one long trip I made. I seriously doubt the quad cab will get near that mileage as it has the auto transmission. Other than that it was a very nice truck. Driving in snow could be a chore though......I drove mine in the rain one day and it was really loose at the rear around corners.

OP
OP
G

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ram in question is a reg cab. Would 18" Snows and extra weight in the rear make it better in the snow. It only snows maybe 15 days a year so not that big of a deal but wondering before I plunk down the money

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LAst I checked there were no 18" rims to put snows on for the ram. You will need to stick with a 20" and get a nitto terra grappler or the like. I have a quad and love the truck. Mileage is not great, but that was expected. Whats the deal?

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JON,

I have had one since they first came out in 04...this is my 02c

1- Gas mileage, no such thing, and if you get a little spirited driving with it,well you can kiss the 12 to 15 mpg good bye...

2- Re-sale, due to the quad cab auto you will loose big if you purchase the regular cab and try to sell it later,(bad market for used niche trucks) and we are not even talking trade in value...you may as well bend over, and be prepared for the big one, and no KY....

3- Utility use- yeah right, unless you have the quad you can't even tow..

4- But on the other hand, this truck has a Viper heart,(and still holds the record for the fastest production truck)it is a pure rush to drive, and the interior and stereo is outstanding, not to mention it is also a very good looking truck,IMHO...

5- So why did I buy it? well not only because they put a Viper motor in it, more so because it was fast and different, much like my cars .....

So will the price of the new SRT/10 Ram justify its use? probably not, but not all things are tangibles, get what you want, and what makes you happy to drive, period....

My 02,Rick

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a VCA Edition and it is an awesome machine. A ton of fun to drive and very comfy. Snow - well I don't know how that would work out.

tmcphail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a silver one to match my car about 9 months ago and love it. traveling long distances in it was far better then I anticipated. Plus it is just plain fun to hammer the gears in a truck. Driving one will make the decision for you

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned 2 of them and I loved them both. They have to go down as the funniest truck that I have ever owned and driven. It has a great ride and the power you need to kick some ***!

My first one had 21000 miles on it in a little over a year. I didn't drive my 2 one that much before I traded it in on a new coupe.

Reaction score
Love my Red QC. Mileage(9MPG in town - ~13 on the road @ 80-100MPH) is poor but with the fun factor who cares?

All the SRT models are for those who enjoy driving.

DocAdam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love my Red QC. Mileage(9MPG in town - ~13 on the road @ 80-100MPH) is poor but with the fun factor who cares?

All the SRT models are for those who enjoy driving.

That mileage is no different than my tahoe, and you have more fun.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love my supercharged SRT Ram RC. Power to weight is very close to my slightly modded '01 Viper. Easier to drive around town, cruise control for trips to denver, unsuspecting to other similar looking Rams. If you lose to a car, your in a truck. If you beat a car, you beat it in a 5100+ pound truck.

Excellent performance on the twisties, suprising a bit to me at PPIR last year. Passed several cars, of course got passed by a few as well. Lots of nice compliments at the track.

Gas mileage was 1 mpg less then my '97 Dakota 4x4 CC V8, havent really checked it in the "city".

mopar75110

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17 MPG in my "04 reg. cab if I keep it 70 or below in 6th gear. My '03 reg. cab with a 4.7 engine does no better and is lots less fun.