Curious - Anyone Had Any Theft / Vandalism Problems?

Jon-Mike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because these cars have such draw such attention- was curiuos as to any problems in this area. My impression is that this is not too frequent - right/wrong?

I've only had my 94 RT10 for about 6 months and am glad to say I have had none - but I don't give too much opportunity for any! I was considering an additional alarm to supplement the factory (one that would be a bit more sensitive). Thanks!!!

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had no problems so far, but I recently posted a question asking for advice on aftermarket alarms. I would like to know what alarms others have used or considered and if the RT/10 folks are using proximity alarms. Looking for some advice
You must be registered for see images

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2+ years of a '94 with the top off as much as possible, driven daily to work, often to the mall - probably not too often at night, though, has never had a problem. One door ding, though. Kinda proud of that.

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never had a problem in my short time of ownership, but there was an incident I read about on the board where someone was parked outside of a restaurant and some total whacked out stranger opened the door so that this person's kid could sit in the car. I, myself, witnessed something like that. I was at the dealership having the Viper tech do nromal maintanence. There was another Viper in for work and was parked out in the service lot. This was a fenced in area separate from the sales lot. Some joker looking at cars saw the Viper in the service lot, decided that he wanted to see what it would be like to sit in a Viper, and walked into the service area towards the Viper. As he approached the car, he took a look around to see if anyone associated with the car was close by, and when he decided the coast was clear, tried to open the door. When it wouldn't open from the outside, he reached in through the window and to his surprise, set off the alarm. At that point the Viper tech and I intruded when the tech heard the alarm and pointed out that he wasn't the owner.