Damn ACR wont let me in

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The passengers side that is.Sometimes the door opens sometimes....NOTHING.I took the hinge cover off and went through the wiring harness pulling and trying to find a broken wire....found none.Does any one have a clue what could be causing intermmitent operation?Or exactly what color wire is the one from the door to body?I will cut and splice a new one if i could find it.Thanks in advance fellow viper peeps.:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the switch?

Also, broken wire can mean broken conductor with intact insulation. Pulling won't detect that easily.

BTW, what year?

Just went through the wiring diagrams for my '01 and there are 4 pages worth. A little more complicated than the windows or speakers. Do you not have a manual?

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
compressed air around the button for a bit, then a quick shot of wd40. as per the wizard 3 years ago for me...

OP
OP
01ACR/VIPER

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the switch?

Also, broken wire can mean broken conductor with intact insulation. Pulling won't detect that easily.

BTW, what year?

Just went through the wiring diagrams for my '01 and there are 4 pages worth. A little more complicated than the windows or speakers. Do you not have a manual?

Hey Dave,all i can say about the switch is that i can hear it clicking everytime i push the knob.It is a small micro-switch in there and they USUALLY work if you can hear it clicking (we use to use them alot on our machinery controls).As far as wires go...when i did pull on ea.one i pulled ******* ea.to see if it would stretch meaning a broke wire not the insulation.I do have the manual but to be honest....i am not an electrical guy at all:dunno:it all looks like a bad road map to me.

Oh yea,mine is a 01 (01ACR/VIPER:D)

OP
OP
01ACR/VIPER

01ACR/VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
compressed air around the button for a bit, then a quick shot of wd40. as per the wizard 3 years ago for me...

Was your fix for a STICKING BUTTON?I had that problem on the drivers side:rolaugh:That fix worked for the sticking for sure.:2tu:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it wasnt really sticking as much as not quite pushing down far enough and letting the switch do its job.

try it, ya got NOTHING to lose

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dave,all i can say about the switch is that i can hear it clicking everytime i push the knob.It is a small micro-switch in there and they USUALLY work if you can hear it clicking (we use to use them alot on our machinery controls).As far as wires go...when i did pull on ea.one i pulled ******* ea.to see if it would stretch meaning a broke wire not the insulation.I do have the manual but to be honest....i am not an electrical guy at all:dunno:it all looks like a bad road map to me.

Oh yea,mine is a 01 (01ACR/VIPER:D)

Check out this thread I did on a "good" window switch. I would take "clicks, must work," with a grain of salt.

http://forums.viperclub.org/2485712-post1.html

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12V fused to exterior door switch - red
12V from exterior door switch to Entry Module - orange/black

Latch motor from Entry Module - gray/red & gray/yellow

So am I SMART now?!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member