Dash rattle

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a GEN 4 car it has a rattle in the dash when i go over bumps anyone else have this problem and if so how did you fix it ? If I have to take the console or dash apart how difficult is that to do?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Gen 4 and have never heard of a dash rattle before from owners. Sorry to hear this (no pun) as I know how annoying they are in other makes. My suggestion is to go to a Viper tech at a good dealer to check it out. Taking it apart could be a real hassle and may cause other issues. If its still under warranty or an extended one that covers this problem would be better yet.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dash rattle is very common. It's the defroster cover. Try a search, the info is there. Scroll down to the bottom of this thread and check out the similar threads.

Bill

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was no big deal at all. It has been about 5 years since I fixed the rattle on one of my 08's. IIRC, I removed 2 screws in the defroster cover and used some felt padding between the cover and the dash---just in a few spots. The padding was the stuff you put on the bottom of a vase or lamp to prevent damage to a wood table top, or on the legs of a chair to protect a wood floor. If you are driving over bumps you can actually reach forward and place your hand on the cover, stopping the rattle or vibration. That will confirm the defroster cover is the problem. Good luck.

Bill

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You need some patience, and small hands which i dont have. I used a offset screwdriver. and got it done. This is not a 10 minute job either...

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drove me nuts in both my Gen 4's, couldn't believe they each had the exact same issue.
Didn't look like an easy fix to me. If I reached forward to where the dash met the windshield I could literally move the dash down 3/8 of a inch just pressing on it.
Incredibly bad build quality on a car with 113K sticker. Cheap plastic glued parts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4