Daughter's Birthday Present

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daughter\'s Birthday Present

This may only interest those of you who have kids but if you get the chance this idea is a great Birthday present. My daughter turned 13 this morning and to celebrate her being a teenager I let her decide which car she could drive for her first driving experience. The wife has a Highlander and Dad is car poor with an '03 Z06 Corvette and an '05 Viper. She took the Viper hands down.

So, we loaded all the sleep over friends in the Highlander and headed to the biggest parking lot I could find close to the house. We were followed by a few parents who wanted to see this thing happen. Finally, with the seat and pedals adjusted after "after" I explained want a clutch was we actually did a slow launch at idle speed around the lot for about 5 minutes. We dodged all the picture takers and had a great time. I guess my story is this, how many kids can say the first car they ever drove was a Viper.....she will forever have those memories.

If you have the chance w/ your kids and you are brave enough, find a real empty parking lot a give it a go.....idle speed is slow and they never have to shift.

I don't know how to add a picture to a post but if you check my gallery I added
her picture with the big her smile standing next to the Viper.

p.s. I had to give Viper rides to all the other kids....so have plenty of gas.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Daughter\'s Birthday Present

great story - here ya go. thanks for taking the pic. you obviously have raised her right! :2tu:

9193image1.jpg

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score

One lucky girl! Happy Birthday to her.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cool! Happy birthday to her!

Of course, now that she "knows" how to drive your Viper, you'd better hide those keys from the next few years. ;)

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and Dad is car poor with an '03 Z06 Corvette and an '05 Viper. She took the Viper hands down.

(And I have got some swamp land I would love to sell ya...LOL)

Anyways, Happy Birthday to the daughter, she has great taste and style from the choice she made here, this is good stuff, making fantastic memories...

Rick

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Love hearing these kinda things.........happy birthday.

Ya' know she's gonna want a Viper of her own one day.....Now see what you did....... :D :2tu: :D

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats outstanding and congrats to her on her B-day! I have 2 daughters ages 13 and 15 - my oldest must turn 16 before she can get her learners permit - she has already been eyeing up the Viper! Both daughters always request that I use the Viper for "drop offs and pick ups" - enjoy the day - they grow up so damn fast!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's awesome and congrats! In Kansas you can get your learner's permit at age 14. Both of my sons learned to drive a stick on Vipers. My eldest on my GTS and my youngest on my SRT. Eldest then ran the fastest lap time on owner Vipers at the Southwest Rendezvous (age 17). And then beat that time on his next go round!

Thanks for posting about your daughter and as someone mentioned before: Enjoy the time now as they really do grow up fast.

Casey 111

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Love hearing these kinda things.........happy birthday.

Ya' know she's gonna want a Viper of her own one day.....Now see what you did....... :D :2tu: :D
Can you say SWEET SIXTEEN ;) :headbang:

Viperchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Awesome story man. Back in '94 a good friend let me drive his yellow RT off the showroom floor....I was a sophmore in highschool. Don't think I had my license for more than a month or so. It was the greatest day of my life.....it was also the moment that started it all for me. I've been hooked ever since. Hope she gets the fever too!! :2tu:

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sorry for some of the typo's but I wrote this story after we got back
and the legs were still shaking....Thanks for all the nice comments
and Birthday wishes.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is one heck of a birthday present. Congrats. Now that she is used to the Viper she is going to make you get something faster LOL! :D

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Eldest then ran the fastest lap time on owner Vipers at the Southwest Rendezvous (age 17). And then beat that time on his next go round!

I'm still pissed that I over slept (drunken haze) on the morning that I was scheduled to do the Viper autocross! I did have the fastest Neon time though! lol

Reaction score

That's awesome and congrats! In Kansas you can get your learner's permit at age 14. Both of my sons learned to drive a stick on Vipers. My eldest on my GTS and my youngest on my SRT. Eldest then ran the fastest lap time on owner Vipers at the Southwest Rendezvous (age 17). And then beat that time on his next go round!

Thanks for posting about your daughter and as someone mentioned before: Enjoy the time now as they really do grow up fast.

Chris,
How did you teach your kids to drive a stick?
I don't remember how I learned, but I'd love to teach my 16-year old how to drive the beast.

OP
OP
M

Mike-Tampa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

First cars:
I still remember my Dad teaching me how to drive an old Ford when I was about 14. My daughter will always remember driving her first car on the first day she became a teenager.
And I know.... she will always remember it was a Viper!

We are all fortunate to have the cars we have and spending a little time with our kids and being able to share the Viper history is really cool with them.

Just remember, a "big" empty parking lot.

And I'm also like Turbo63....got to do the school drop off
now and then.....and all the kids yell out, "it's a Viper"!

Again....thanks for all the nice comments...
Mike

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

a moment in time she will live again and again :2tu:

hey girl HAPPY BIRTHDAY :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

now tell dad to sell the vette and go get ya a starter viper, 05 coupe would be nice :D

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

Very Cool, hide those keys though !!!

Nothing like involving the kids in the VIPER experience, my boys love it :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper