Day 3 arrives with sunshine! (pics)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another GREAT day here in Nashville - wish you were here! So we started out with the panoramic photo. Well, Your Truly was exhausted from yesterdays post (over four hours of editing, uploading, description, & posting) and he slept in a little longer than planned. I raced over, but couldn't get my car in time for the photo. No worries, as I had front row at VOI6 and it would be hard to top that anyway. The guys at the Opryland Hotel felt bad for me being up so late (and with the final storm ready to start pouring), so they gave me a decent parking spot for the night:

You must be registered for see images

Mind you, there are 500+ other Vipers here. I couldn't catch a bus to get the darn car (I am staying at another hotel) in time for the panoramic picture today. Instead, I took some photos of my own, including this panoramic shot (no tripod, but not terrible) (<FONT COLOR="red">Edit - I am making this a link instead of the VERY wide photo so that this thread is easier to read. Sorry, but I was tired when I posted</FONT c>):

Click here to see Y2KGTS's panorama shot!

Not nearly as impressive as taken from an elevated platform, but I DID stand on the curb right below it.
supergrin.gif
So, the picture(s) done, it was off to the Road Rally for our group! Oh, but let's get something straight right up front: IT STOPPED RAINING! That's right, dry pavement for all. Right on time, as today was the first "official" day of driving (yesterday's parade was for those that registered early). So did Dodge find a nice place to cruise for us? You tell me:

Oh, this wasn't the half of it. It was over three hours of driving among the rolling hills of the Natchez Trace Parkway. Of course, we had the normal stops for MORE gifts from Dodge. I won't say what they were as not everybody has done the Rally yet, but I will say they were unique to VOI7 and were solid metal. Each stop also afforded us the opportunity to see LOTS of great Vipers and Viper owners!

Now, you may recall that I did this cruise Chuck 98 style. No, not with two Vipers, but solo (ouch!). There were three busloads of folks that came without their Vipers. Nadine (our English friend with the awesome burnout avatar) managed to find a ride with somebody else. However, the only Viper in Northern Ireland happens to belong to a bus-bound gentlemen. His Viper also happens to be a black GTS with silver stripes - a color combination near and dear to my heart. I decided to extend that American hospitality and track him down. Sure enough, I managed to find him and he was more than happy to ride shotgun for the first part of the cruise:

Well, as I learned more about his GTS (Belanger headers, Borla, etc.) and his driving experience, I decided he should enjoy some time behind the wheel on those great roads. So he did! I was waiting for him to stray into the left lane (as they drive in the UK), but it never happened. Indeed, I was so impressed that I have offered to let him drive my car during some of the track events tomorrow. Should be fun!

Anyway, we headed back from the Rally and went through some historic Tennessee towns, such as Leipers Fork. When we showed up at the town gas station (wooden floors, etc.), the locals were overwhelmed. Indeed, the manager (who is the sister-in-law of the first cashier and mother to the other cashier), called from somewhere else to complain that Earl couldn't get in to get his beer and called her at home. I kid you not.

(continued)

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was the day over? Not by a long shot! Having experienced more rain in this car than I had in almost any other, she was showing a lot of dirt. I then got directions (incorrect) and then drove all over town to finally find what I was looking for:

It took me a while to clean 'er up, but it worked out fine. I suspect that it was when I was wiping down the side sills that I lost my dang VOI credentials. Sigh... Now while I am washing the car, these two kids just can't get enough of the car. More questions that I have been asked in a while. Always a pleasure to answer them. Now when they asked if I would do a burnout, I explained that the tires were very expensive and unless they had about $20 to cover the lost tread, I couldn't help them. Okay, so maybe I just went ahead and did it anyway:

Okay, back to VOI we go! I went upstairs at the Opryland to catch the last few minutes of the memorabilia showcase. A fellow Viper owner asked me to pick up some goodies, so I went to find the loot. That is when they refused me entrance because my creditials (clipped to my belt) were GONE. Yikes. I got that straighted out and all was well once again. My shopping done for the time being, it was time to board the bus for tonight's festivities: The Wildhorse Saloon in downtown Nashville! Now, for those of you that still wonder if you get your money's worth, try this on for size: Dodge had three luxury coaches (buses) going back and forth every few minutes from 6:00 PM to 1:00 AM. They CLOSED DOWN one of the most popular bars in town on a Friday night. And this was no ordinary bar, we are talking a HUGE facility with three levels, balconies, and a dance floor as big as they come. See for yourself:

The only way you could get into this bar tonight was if you were a Viper owner or guest of the same. That's it. Yes, membership really DOES have its priviledges (to borrow a line from American Express). Of course, the Viper ownership community is a very diverse one to say the least. Some people get even more excited than most. Take this guy for example:

Yes, that is shaved on his head. Oh, and in case you thought just "buying out" a popular nightclub on a Friday night wasn't enough, they catered a VERY nice buffet with some extremely good food. As usual, there were at least four of these:

Yes, open bars: You chose the drink of your choice and Dodge is paying for it. All night long. For good measure, throw in a good country band to keep people hopping:

So, the night ended with people boarding the buses when they got tired (or reached the "full" mark on their drink capacity). It was tired, but happy bunch on the bus I took:

I didn't mind when AB (yes, the guy here on the board) fell asleep in the seat next to me and almost fell on the floor...

Another GREAT day done and an even better one on the way! Time for bed, as I took too long again. Three hours more of sleep, dang it.

Chris

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joel, Don't wreck Chris' Viper like you did mine!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

just kidding

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>However, the only Viper in Northern Ireland happens to belong to a bus-bound gentlemen. His Viper also happens to be a black GTS with silver stripes - a color
combination near and dear to my heart. I decided to extend that American hospitality and track him down. Sure enough, I managed to find him and he was more than happy to ride shotgun for the first part of the cruise:

Well, as I learned more about his GTS (Belanger headers, Borla, etc.) and his driving experience, I decided he should enjoy some time behind the wheel on those great roads. So he did! I was waiting for him to stray into the left lane (as they drive in the UK), but it never happened. Indeed, I was so impressed that I have offered to let him drive my car during some of the track events tomorrow. Should be fun!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>