DC Performance doesn't just do Vipers

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forum sponsor DC Performance doesn't just work on Vipers and Dodges. They are also quite handy with makes as they recently retuned my Ford GT and picked up a good 50 HP. Here's the video of the tune:

YouTube - dcperformance's Channel

Thank you Dan, Chris and crew for doing such a great job.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curiuos as to when Dan left Claude Short Dodge? Was it before 2000? The reason I ask because my Viper had some work done on it back in November 2000 and was wondering if he was there during that time.

vprtech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curiuos as to when Dan left Claude Short Dodge? Was it before 2000? The reason I ask because my Viper had some work done on it back in November 2000 and was wondering if he was there during that time.

If I remember correctly, Claude Short closed on the last day of 1999, Simonson Mercedes bought the Dodge franchise we had a satellite shop until sometime in 2001. Dan opened DC Performance somewhere around the beginning of 2003.

- Chris

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since Dan is on this thread - what's the highest output FGT you know of? I've seen a few 1,000rwhp FGTs on TV and one in Calgary runs 900rwhp with Nitrous. What's biggest Ford hp?

Ted

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think Heffner has the hp record. I am very impressed with how much power these can produce with a stock bottom end. Many GT's make 800rwhp on the production engine.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
with those numbers that seesm really close to what Vipers are good for. I'm planning on stopping at 800rwhp for my stock bottom end (with pistons). Figured that I'll have the Nitrous hooked up, ... "just in case". Realize that usig the Nitrous under 3500rpm on top of 800rwhp would probably cause catastrophic engine failure.

Ted