DC Please build a street version or anyone please build a kit for me!!!!!!!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: DC Please build a street version or anyone please build a kit for me!!!

Jeff,

Continued Congrats on your work!!

That is going to be AWESOME when its completed!

BTW, why is Carbon Fiber so tough to obtain?

Jay K.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was told by my supplier that the military has taken priority on the supply.

Jeff

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

teaser pics:

1186P1010007-med.JPG

1186P1010012-med.JPG

1186P10100171-med.JPG

1186P10100131-med.JPG

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If it is close to a comp coupe, I would guess fascia, hood, front fenders, rear fenders, rear hatch/trunk, rear bumper, roof, and add a splitter and spoiler. You would also have to add framing to extend the rear of the car. Because of the wider stance, may have to change the wheels to a different offset.

Close. The project is being performed on a convertible with our removable hardtop (panel kit will be available for a coupe as well). Every panel is changed except the hood and doors. Track dimension is changed using longer wheel studs and spacer like the comp coupe. Rear of the car is not "long" like the comp coupe so no need for custom framing. Rear end is based on the production coupe with wide comp coupe quarters.

Jeff

So if every panel is changed except the hood and doors then what will the rear end of the car look like, SRT Coupe, SRT convertible or Comp Coupe? In my view that is the most important thing. The front looks great, wide rear is great, but if it does not look somewhat like the comp coupe I woulld not be that excited. It would NOT have to be as elongated and it would NOT have to have the fins so close to the ground but the taillight configuration and rear suround should look like the CC in my hmble opinion. Any hope for that Jeff?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is based on the production coupe. Even though it is unfinished at this point, it is my favorite part of the car. It looks great in WIDE form on a vert.

Jeff

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mostly personal preference. The CC is much too long and the street coupe keeps the car tight and short. The integrated spoiler is much more pronounced on the vert and the tight wrap into the quarters is bold. The whole package is quite wild which is probably why it is controversial.
I went through dozens of photo's with people who's opinion on car design I very much trust and there was no debate on which was the way to go. We all agreed the SRT rear was the best choice.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff, looks GREAT so far! :2tu:

Keep it up!
I don't want to go back and re-read all the posts, but will a HOOD be included in the kit?

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nope. No hood or doors.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wish. I've got my fingers crossed for labor day weekend.

Jeff

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The side sills look pretty good! Are you going to make them with carbon, kevlar or fiberglass?

What about the rear quarters & front fenders, are you going to make these out of a composite? The stock plastic fenders and quarter panels are made of crap. Carbon or fiberglass replacements would be nice.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car being built is made of regular fiberglass and weighs in the same as stock. Carbon Fiber has become very difficult to get but there is a real good alternative that is very light weight and strong. This should be a great option but I don't have all the details yet.

Jeff

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So if one had a vert and actually preferred the look of the rear of the SRT convertible would they be able to widen it front and back and keep the vert rear or would they have to switch to the coupe srt rear? I'm having trouble visualizing the vert with the coupe rear, although I think Austin did a photoshop once.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It looks FANTASTIC. The standard vert is quite the bore by comparison. Keep in mind the car is widened so front and back need to be done for balance. The big shoulders give the car a very serious, menacing look.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad to hear it, looking forward to seeing the whole package and you are to be congratulated for stepping up to do this. Big investment in time and money I'm sure.

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Glad to hear it, looking forward to seeing the whole package and you are to be congratulated for stepping up to do this. Big investment in time and money I'm sure.

It is. The positive reaction so far is making me feel more confident about getting my money back. If it fails at least I get to drive around in what I think is a cool car. The rear end looks great and I am looking forward to showing the whole package.

Jeff

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness