dead battery, lots of clicking

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just wrapped up a project and was about to pull the car off the lift. The battery was dead so I hooked up a charger to do a jump. The dash lit up like normal, ht all I got was a lot of clicking when I hit the start button.

Work in progress. I would appreciate some quick help. Either info on what might be wrong or the best charge settings for our battery.

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leave the charger on overnight or boost it with another vehicle, let the boosting vehicle run for a short time to put a charge into your battery before you try it.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely a dead battery but you'll need to get a new one if you still have the Mopar OE battery. Once they go dead, they lose their ability to hold a charge. It will charge up enough to get the car started but will eventually bring you back to square one and may leave you stranded. Do a search for opinions and suggestions on aftermarket batteries.

OP
OP
B

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the help last night. It was a very dead battery. Ill pick up an optima this weekend.

OP
OP
B

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
A quick search later...maybe ill pass on that optima. Group 34 die-hard platinum I guess.