Dealer I can trust around Boston (150-200 miles range)

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello everybody,

can anybody recommend a good viper dealership around boston? I am willing to drive a 150-200 miles for the right one. So far I have been performing all my maintenace by myself and I would not have it any other way. However, there are two issues that I would like some help with. Since day 1 (I have a carefully broken-in 2002 with 7500 miles) the rear end has been whining at speeds above 50. I would like to hear a second opinion on this before I write it off to noisy gearset/lousy factory install and be content with it. Second, my hood has been progressively becoming more and more out of alignment and it is at the point where i have some problems opening and closing it (it was out of alignment since day 1). now, i can fix the hood issue and install a new rearend (gearset) myself, but I would like someone who has been in lots of vipers to give me his opinion.

i refuse to bring my car the the nearby dodge dealers that see vipers in their garages once in a blue moon and have one viper tech each that prolly knows less than i do about the snake.

thanx in advance

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dealer I can trust...

Alex- I am afraid your going to have to take it to Tators Dodge in NY. Chuck Tator 914-763-3136 Most New England guys do. If the rear end is noisy Chuck will know, he can adjust your hood to where you want it, I am sure.

Herb Chambers Dodge in Danvers has a Viper Tech. I just bought a used pickup from them last week. Big sign over the service bay door- We are not reponsable for damage to your vehicle while it is on our property. My experience was far from perfect.

OP
OP
A

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i thought so.

chuck seems to be the man for us ne snake fans...

thanx for the feedback

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Alex,
Give me a call anytime and we can talk about your Viper or e-mail me your PH# and I can call you.
Thanks

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hi Alex,

Chuck is great and I have used his services since I moved to NJ. But given that he is 180 miles from Boston, you might want to try Fitzgerald Motorsports (part of Fitzgerald Dodge) in Laconia, NH at 120 miles. Plus the ride is more scenic. They work on a lot of Vipers and I used their services when I lived in Boston. Check out their showroom at http://www.fitzmotorsports.com/tour.html and see for yourself. More Vipers than I've seen in any showroom. Th number to call is 800-VIPER15.

-Avi

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score

AJ

From what I hear, Chuck is definitely the man to go to. However, I would like to suggest Weber Dodge in Hingham, MA.. I had his Viper tech install a Stop Tech brake set-up in my 1994 a year or so ago. He did a great job. He's a MOPAR man and I remember him mentioning that he has done quite a few rear-ends.

Good Luck,
Paul :2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine