Dealer might be denying my claim for a new ACR shock...

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like the dealer is going to deny my claim on my driver's side rear ACR shock on my 2002 ACR. The top of the shock is bent backward, so far back that it is pinching the rebound adjustment so that it can't turn. They can't figure any way that this could have happened but have stated today that since it's "damage" it can't be covered under my 3/36k warranty. They have admitted that there is no way that I could have personally done the bending, but further noted that the car may have smashed into a curb or jumped a median and bent the shock. NO other damage is visible, except where I scratched up the rebound adjustment know trying to turn it. The carfax is clean, the body panels are all original, all the paint is factory, the car only has 11k miles and is in MINT condition.

Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Any idea where I can buy the driver's side rear. They quoted me $2,300 just for the one shock, plus installation.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Christian

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew a local guy with an ACR, he told the dealership the shocks were no good in his opinion,(this guy races at V.I.R.) and they replaced them on the spot... he was at the end of his warranty, so he was asking for everything,I quess it depends on the service writer and the dealership, but if I were you I would call DC, and see what they say.....

JoeB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could understand that being denied--I wonder if someone switched shocks?? Jon B might be able to sell you just one. I see we are a few miles apart, if I can help let me know.

Joe B

OP
OP
C

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bluesnake367: I called Chrysler today and spoke with a rep who said he really didn't know anything about Vipers. He called the dealership and the service manager told him the same thing they told me. The service manager also told the Chrysler rep that he was calling a regional rep from Dodge to come out in the next few days to give his opinion, which, evidently, will be the "final" stance of the dealer.

jerryc: I tried calling Chuck right off the bat, but his shop was already closed for the day. He'll be my first call in the morning. Maybe he can talk with the service manager out here and help me out.

Joe B: I certainly don't know of any switch. I called Jon B actually as well, as he sold the prior owner of my ACR a set of HREs a while back. The invoice indicated that Jon B gave him $2,000 for the ACR rims. Jon B said the rims were in excellent condition when traded in on the HREs. That means that there was no attempt to cover up an accident by purchasing the HREs -- something else the service manager raised as suspicious.

Any other thoughts guys??? Thanks again,
Christian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery