Dec 13th VA/MD/DE Merry Hissmas Party

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VA/MD/DE Merry Hissmas Party Saturday Dec 13th

First floor of the Powerhouse at Loews Hotel. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres at 6 pm, dinner at 7:30 pm.
VCA Members and guests: $30/person
Non-members (must be Viper owner): $65/person
Main course will be Prime Rib or Mahogany Chicken with brown sugar shallot reduction.
Significant Viper Gifts will be presented to ALL attendees.
We will be showing the VOI Video that was played for VOI attendees the final night, as well as the full DVD of all the commercials presented that night.
And we will also be playing the ORIGINAL Nurburgring uncut video of the ACR setting the ring record.
We will also be featuring a Viper Trivia contest.
We have been collecting questions all year and some are easy, some are very hard and some are designed to be downright hilarious.
Much thanks to Dan Elliott for putting this together.
Protected parking for Vipers as usual
Best room rates are on the internet on travel sites.
Loews Hotel, 126 West Street, Annapolis, MD

Remember this is your big chance to get your dues back; a LARGE portion will be subsidized by the club as usual.
Please RSVP as soon as possible

If you are coming I would appreciate if you could give me a quick reply by email or pm so I can start putting a headcount together.
Your snail mail invitation will be in your mailbox shortly! Please send it back with a check as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like im gonna miss out:(

Its my fiance's weekend to work @ the hospital, and i have to pick up my bro that is flying in from Cali on Sat. I thought about bringing him, but he's only in town for one night and wants to surprize my parents with diner.

I am however excited that we are supposed to get a bunch of rain tomorrow that will wash away all the salt on the roads up here so i can take the viper to pick him up at the airport Sat.:drive:

have a great time everyone!!!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the end...0! I still think we should have won with "Fighter Jet" (and I told them it was an F-16). Oh well, that bottle of wine eased the pain once I got back to the room!

hehe...Hey, we had 16 and bet 7 on that last question, so we ended up with 9 or something like that.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hehe...Hey, we had 16 and bet 7 on that last question, so we ended up with 9 or something like that.

That's right (remember, I drowned my sorrows with the wine). We still would have won since we bet the farm and got it right. I'll just ask JonB!

I hear y'all had a Trivia Contest?
With a few prizes?

Yes, thank you! They looked great...but Kelly and I need you to settle a dispute for us. The final question was "What did the Gen 3 Viper race and win" (or something to that effect). My team (against my advice) said "fighter jet" after I told them specifically it was an F-16. Dan would not accept it since other teams said "F-16." So I feel that my team was robbed. What do you think? And I had my eye on that table...looked like some might fine stuff that I would have liked to take home! ;)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.......Yes, thank you! They looked great...but Kelly and I need you to settle a dispute for us. The final question was "What did the Gen 3 Viper race and win" (or something to that effect). My team (against my advice) said "fighter jet" after I told them specifically it was an F-16. Dan would not accept it since other teams said "F-16." So I feel that my team was robbed. What do you think? And I had my eye on that table...looked like some might fine stuff that I would have liked to take home! ....

More trivia: I actually DID have ALEX TREBEK sit in my 1993 Viper, when I served as the pace car for the Indy Festival Driver's Parade at the INDY 500 1996. Just having him touch my steering wheel imparted some Jeopardy technique:

In the case of the "What Vehicle did the VGX-SRT10 race in its public racing debut?"

While both answers are technically correct, "an F-16" is a more complete and content-rich answer than "a Fighter jet" in my opinion.

Mike, (related to James?) To help end your pain, I will GLADLY meil you an official USAF-Photo-POSTER of that very race as a belated runner-up prize. Your address please? [email protected]

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sooooooo Jon , it was an F16 EVERY time this event was run? THE YEAR MATTERS! It did not start out as an F14 possibly or wind up with and F18? I really thought F18 the last time around. Therefore the proper answer would be fighter jet?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More trivia: I actually DID have ALEX TREBEK sit in my 1993 Viper, when I served as the pace car for the Indy Festival Driver's Parade at the INDY 500 1996. Just having him touch my steering wheel imparted some Jeopardy technique:

In the case of the "What Vehicle did the VGX-SRT10 race in its public racing debut?"

While both answers are technically correct, "an F-16" is a more complete and content-rich answer than "a Fighter jet" in my opinion.

To help end your pain, I will GLADLY meil you an official USAF-Photo-POSTER of that race as a belated runner-up prize. Email me your info!

John,
The Viper vs. Fighter-Jet event has happened on more than one occasion, correct? If so, has it been an F-16 Viper every time? We were under the impression that at some point the Viper had gone out against an F-18.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Sooooooo Jon , it was an F16 EVERY time this event was run? THE YEAR MATTERS! It did not start out as an F14 possibly or wind up with and F18? I really thought F18 the last time around. Therefore the proper answer would be fighter jet?

John,
The Viper vs. Fighter-Jet event has happened on more than one occasion, correct? If so, has it been an F-16 Viper every time? We were under the impression that at some point the Viper had gone out against an F-18.

The F-16 (NATO designation) Flying Falcon is called "The Viper" by the USAF and NATO pilots who fly her. All 4 "Viper vs Viper" races have been vs F-16 Vipers. (Hence the name "Viper vs Viper.")

SRT debuted a new model at all 4 races:

VGX,
VCC
SRT-C
Gen 4 SRT-C

The F-18 is a "Hornet", flown by the USNavy. The only "Viper vs Hornet" race that I know of was actually here in OR before the VCA was formed.... we had a 'NW Viper Club ' back then, and STU BARR drag raced a Blue Angel F-18 in Eugene OR back in 1994.

The vanity licence plate that was on that 93 Viper now resides on PartsRack-Doris' Viper.

Last edited:

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha, sounds like fun, any other tough or trick questions?

OP
OP
L

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I KNEW IT, THERE WAS AN F18 ONE YEAR.....I KNEW IT, TEAM 7:22 WUZ ROBBED........

Talk about funny questions...

"Lee loves his new ACR so much he wants to be buried in it, is this legal in Maryland?

Contestant says "Yes".

Alex says "No, it is not legal, Lee is not dead yet."

My favorite....Addressed to a young good looking wife..

Your husband wants to buy a New Red Viper and you want a Pink Cadillac, what will your husband wind up getting?'

Very assured answer...."Why the Cadillac of course."

Alex says...."Wrong, he will be getting a new wife!"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude