Deciding on Rim Size 19 or 20?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HRE 545Rs 19 and 20,s with Pirelli p-zeros. I picked them up just before the shortage of 345/20's about 18 months ago. I even have an extra rear tire just in case of a blow out. I love the setup. Much lighter then stock and the car is much more responsive then stock no to mention not as jarring. Just did motons which are awesome and complete the package.

3_13_2007_005.jpg

sidesill4.jpg

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Steponz,

SSR''s work extremely well, are very light and strong. They are only available in 18's at this time though.

Check out the wheels / tires on the comp coupes, you won't find any 19 / 20 set ups. These 19 / 20 and bigger are for the street.

Thums Up

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey what about baloon tires? Anyone have experience with those?

I think that I will stick with the low profile series myself. Not trying to do any high speed cornering even though most are set up just for that. Nah, I think I'll focus on going straight down the quarter mile with DUB's.

Thums Up

Viper Owner
Reaction score
22's look good on a BMW 7 series or a big body car. And a Escalade looks great with 24's or even 26's. But a Viper looks like A$$ on 20/22 setup, that yellow car or any Viper on 22's. There is nothing cool about a Viper on those sizes. I guarantee if you threw back on stock wheels with runflats or any 19/20 setup, you would run quicker 1/4 mile times.

Though i respect you for picking something you like and going for it. Unfortunately you wont get any "That looks great" from 99% of Viper owners.

Thanks for the respect. Trust me, it's mutual.

Well sorry, I may be a little too advanced for ya. I was wearing 19/20s back on my 1999 RT/10. If you haven't noticed that not only are wheels getting bigger, but rubber is getting smaller? Yah, I know, today you don't have that problem, but eventually you will. I'll bet you didn't know there is a tire that is less side walls and air?

http://www.michelinman.com/difference/releases/pressrelease01102005a.html

As a designer, I tend to look beyond the surface, but that may be a little to advaced for ya.

And no, you won't run quicker quarter mile times with the stock set up. Been there done that back in 1987 with Eagle GTs. Lastly, you have never seen any of my 47 cars so don't speak for the Viper nation. :cool:

OP
OP
S

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee thanks....... Madman.....

I was leaning torwards getting a 19/20 setup then you showed me those pics..... :)

Now I am up in the air again............................................

Dam you.....

Joe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4