decklid adjustment

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
in another thread it was mentioned how to adjust the rear deck.
my rear deck sticks out about 1/8th inch on the drivers side. passenger side is fine.
i loosened the 4 adjustment bolts but the deck didnt budge. either its stuck in place or i loosened the wrong bolts. ha.
am i missing something?

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
heres some pics.
looks like theres a lot of adjustment side to side, but couldnt get it to adjust front or aft.

Attachments

• DSC01387.jpg
    DSC01387.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01388.jpg
    DSC01388.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC01384.jpg
    DSC01384.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01390.jpg
    DSC01390.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

customryder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the four nuts under the headliner.. keep in mind if you adjust deck lid gaps will change on the 1/4 panels.

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
the bolts in picture #3? cause i couldnt move the deck towards the front, just side to side....

customryder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bolts in picture #3? cause i couldnt move the deck towards the front, just side to side....

you see the nuts on the deck lid... in pic 3 the part you need to loosen is the bottom part of the hinge, pull the head liner loose in the rear... you will see the nuts under the top.

customryder

Enthusiast
Reaction score

keep in mind you can open up a big can of worms with this, it will need more than just moving the lid forward on on side.. also the 1/4 panels will need to be tweeked to fit.. remove shocks also.. really a two man job..:)

OP
OP
E

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
keep in mind you can open up a big can of worms with this, it will need more than just moving the lid forward on on side.. also the 1/4 panels will need to be tweeked to fit.. remove shocks also.. really a two man job..:)

im not gonna mess with the quarters, id have that car lookin like it just got jacked. ha. im not all that concerned with the gaps between the deck and the quarters, just looking to get the deck so its not sticking out so much.
i havent looked at the headliner but will do later.
thanks

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have built many of the coupes. Good luck with the alignment, it's a real p-i-t-a!!!!! The struts are so strong, they distort the hinge when attached. You have to work with the whole rear of the car moving panels and the lid around.:mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang