Detailed Write up on removing interior items

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a thorough write up of how to remove seats, remove the partition between seats, take off door panels and remove the interior carpet anywhere in this forum or can someone send it to me. I have searched long and hard but haven't found anything that has detailed instructions.

I am looking to install Hushmat to quiet the interior road noise and tighten up the ride as some others have done but I dont want to remove the interior to find out the job would have been much quicker if I did this or that. I am not concerned about the 30lbs I will be adding with the bulk pack kit from Hushmat. I would rather have a few extra pounds and a tighter interior in my opinion and that outweighs (no pun intended) the extra weight.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No input on interior removal, but I'll comment on the sound dampening. I did the entire lower cabin area in my GTS with Second Skin Damplifier. Also the inside of the door panels. It was done at the same time I was doing my side exhaust conversion, which was certainly a louder system than I had out the back bumper.

If it is doing anything to reduce noise, I'd hate to be in that car without it! Yup, still loud, but road noise does seem to be less. If you have a stock exhaust you will probably notice a good improvement.

OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No input on interior removal, but I'll comment on the sound dampening. I did the entire lower cabin area in my GTS with Second Skin Damplifier. Also the inside of the door panels. It was done at the same time I was doing my side exhaust conversion, which was certainly a louder system than I had out the back bumper.

If it is doing anything to reduce noise, I'd hate to be in that car without it! Yup, still loud, but road noise does seem to be less. If you have a stock exhaust you will probably notice a good improvement.

Yep...fully stock and plan to keep her this way at least for awhile. I don't need any more than 600hp. She drives like a Toyota now and I love it. I did Dynamat in a 300CSRT8 previously and it really quieted it down and made the car feel more solid so I think the same should be applicable here.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done all the above. Doors, seats, back panel, Dash but not the cluster. If you have a vert the seats are a no brainer! 4 bolts each unclip the seatbelt wire and out they go. The rest is very simple, time consuming but simple. You can get under the carpet and etc etc. to install it. The doors you have to be very careful with. The top of the panel doesn't play nice. Take you time with all of it. If you are wanting to kill road noise though the two best places on the viper are this.
1) remove the rear tires and inner wheel well liners. Install Dynomat the solid black lead like stuff up against the rear of where you and the passanger sit. Dynomat is self adhesive and won't come off or degrade.
2.) Install same dynomat inside under carpet and along transmission. I didn't find that the doors helped much at all. The exhaust pipes just too dang close. PM me if you need any particulars on taking stuff apart. I shoot you my number.

OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have done all the above. Doors, seats, back panel, Dash but not the cluster. If you have a vert the seats are a no brainer! 4 bolts each unclip the seatbelt wire and out they go. The rest is very simple, time consuming but simple. You can get under the carpet and etc etc. to install it. The doors you have to be very careful with. The top of the panel doesn't play nice. Take you time with all of it. If you are wanting to kill road noise though the two best places on the viper are this.
1) remove the rear tires and inner wheel well liners. Install Dynomat the solid black lead like stuff up against the rear of where you and the passanger sit. Dynomat is self adhesive and won't come off or degrade.
2.) Install same dynomat inside under carpet and along transmission. I didn't find that the doors helped much at all. The exhaust pipes just too dang close. PM me if you need any particulars on taking stuff apart. I shoot you my number.

Thanks - good information - You have a PM.

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd also like to know how to remove the door panels. I've tried but I'm afraid I'll break something. It would be great if someone would post instructions. Thanks

OP
OP
V

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd also like to know how to remove the door panels. I've tried but I'm afraid I'll break something. It would be great if someone would post instructions. Thanks

Shandon mentioned to pull the speaker, then pull the pins around the panel, unscrew the handle, and you need to lift off the top. He may be of more help though. I haven't started it yet but will later today.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

Be VERY, VERY careful in removing the door panels. There is a very thin, flimsy black plastic trim piece at the top of the door panel that will split if you try to remove the panel improperly - and worse yet, this piece is NOT sold separately from the entire door panel. There are some very strong brass colored spring clips (I think 2) that you need to pry up to remove the panel. You need to pry up on those spring clips directly as the panel/plastic are not strong enough to pop them up. The directions in the manual are less than helpful and the procedure is hard to describe. Hope someone else can chime in to help everyone.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery