Did I get a deal on these???

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought this set of four BBS LM's with new Hoosier slicks from a guy on eBay. The wheels are used but look to be in great shape. There are only the most minor of scratches, no curb rash and they appear straight (haven't mounted them yet and won't till next season). There were no center caps or lug nuts. The tires are 345 rear 305 front. Stick-on type balance weights covered in aluminized tape. The owner stated the tires had been driven on "for a tour of the track". I thought that would mean used with some scuffing but they still have the tags on them and all the little spindly things on the surface. I got these for $2500. :laugh:
5647Racing_Photo_s_2004_032.jpg

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are Comp Coupe wheels. Yes, you stole them. Good job! However, you may want to check the offsets as several racing buddies of mine with Comp Coupes were not able to use their rims off their GTS on their Comp Coupes.

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, I think the offset will not work on a stock GTS
Also I would strongly suggest that you take them to a shop that has a balancing machine tomorrow.
I went thru 3 sets that were all bent, the only way to tell is to spin them and watch them closely while on the machine.
I would bet money that if they have been on the track, they are bent. Espically if they have curb rash.

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, I feel relatively deflated. I'll check into the offset. The rims look unabused, and I'd be surprised if they were out of round, but I'll check it out. Does anyone know the problem with the offset on a stock GTS? I mean, how to get around this? I could see the stock rims not working on a CC, as Redsled states, due to the bigger brakes etc on the CC. But I am not sure the reverse is necessarily true. I could actually get more clearance, no?

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was a deal. I bought a used set of 18" HRE's, 540 series, with 90% good Pilots for 3500. Bought them at the track from Archer Racing and thought it was a fair deal. I like your deal better.