Did they announce the 2008 Viper?

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious. Heard that announcement might be coming.

j

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not announced formally, but discussed confidentially..... I'm not sure what was talked about at the seminars, I'll be attending those tomorrow. What is talked about there can be released.

Noredline

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi, nothing yet, I was at the two seminars this morning, and nothing at all was mentioned. It was even asked by a couple of attendees as to what to expect in 2008. They were very tight lipped and indicated that their goal is to be on top. They just wouldnt tell us how:(

Dave

OP
OP
G

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks guys. Looking forward to an update as soon as possible. I crashed my '05 and now I'm in limbo until I hear what happens with the 08 model.

j

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. This is getting annoying. Everyone quit posting until there is some news. Each time I refresh the page and there's a new resonse listed I have to see if anything real has happened.
Wait, I've just done it myself!!! D'oh!

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know nothing about marketing but even I know that an announcement would have come at the beginning of the event. You would want to take advantage of the fact that you have a captive audience and the audience would have 3-4 days to drool over the new product.

So - either no announcement is coming or Dodge knows less about marketing then even I do.

Mr B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the opposite, 29. You want the excitement and anticipation to build for four days, and unveil it when the crowd is so worked up, they'll love anything. Makes for a grand finale, and reduces sniping about any shortcomings-percieved or real-when everyone is making for the exits, heading home.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the opposite, 29. You want the excitement and anticipation to build for four days, and unveil it when the crowd is so worked up, they'll love anything. Makes for a grand finale, and reduces sniping about any shortcomings-percieved or real-when everyone is making for the exits, heading home.

The anticipation has already been building for 2 YEARS now... anything after day one is bad form. A release on the last day would be a quick flash and cover so people won't have enough time to absorb and complain during the event... it shows a lack of confidence in their product. If you're afraid of sniping, you know your product *****.

Carmaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I recall correctly the new SRT10 Coupe was unveiled the first night in Dallas. It gave all the VOI attendees time to take a good look at the car. Many suggestions were made and DCX did incorporate some into the final design.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am betting that they dont. Agreed it would be [******] to do a teaser and then not give people a real chance to check the car out.

Or, they are just behind in designing it, and it just wasnt ready for showing, or the showing they might do is so limited because its being held together by duck tape and bailing wire.

Any case, it seems crappy not to give the voi guys what they really came for.. a sneak peak at the next viper !!

Jon

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen an event/conference where the big news wasn't dished out during the keynote.

You know... someone MUST have asked a DC person what the heck was going on... what has been the response? Just the "we don't comment on future products" crap?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate to say I told you so but I thought it was a no brainer that there would be no unveiling of the 2008 freshened Viper. See my prior posts. It would have been ridiculous to produce the white with blue stripes VOI special edition and then show the 2008 model. Furthermore, as I have previously predicted, the engine in the 2008 is not going to produce 600,650 or 700 HP. At most, you are likely to see around 560 HP. Why? Because most Viper owners can barely handle what the Viper is currently producing and DC knows it. Might you see an increase in dealer available options? I think so because this makes sense. Producing a 600 - 700 HP monster as the base car makes no sense. The market is too limited. Yeah, I know there are Mercedes units with 600 HP, but those vehicles weigh at least 1000 pounds more than a Viper and are loaded with nanny tech gadgets.

OP
OP
G

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got some interesting info from a credible source today.

She said she'd give me the full story over a beer but in a nutshell:

1. She said I REALLY wanted one
2. She recommended that I buy a used one now to get me by for the next year and a half.

Drats :(

j

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Bobpantax is probably right on. I wonder what the possibility is of DCX "adding lightness". 560 hp in a 3k lb. car would be a nice start.

Honestly, I'd like to see a traction control system with an on/off switch. Can't add that much weight and if you can turn it off, who cares?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth