Dilemma

jimster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a fella back into the bumper of my RT the other day which caused some minor damage. I spoke to the guys insurance company (State Farm) and the claim has been transfered from the original claims adjuster to an auditor. Needless to say, I'm concerned they're going to try and screw me over.

a. Why would my claim be sent to an auditor?
b. How do I recover the lost value in having a repaired car? (dirty Carfax=perception of being wrecked)
c. How do I ensure that my car is repaired correctly?

My experience with car insurance companies is less than stellar. I've been seriously screwed more than once and I don't want to lose money on the value of my car.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Auditors are pretty mush a common thing...don't sweat that specific issue...but take pictures/notes nonetheless.
My local autobody shop is now focusing on working the Dimminished Value angle regarding claims and adjusters. Not sure the angle they are taking, but suffice it to say its not just covering the cost of the actual repair, but factoring your inherent loss in value of the vehicle due to the factors you identified. If you feel the inkling, give Barrett Smith a call at 813.681.3734 ([email protected])and explain your concerns. Reference the guy with the Yellow Viper with the white stripes and he will jump all over your questions. Hope this helps and sorry for your fender bender.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If your anywhere near Austin I would take it to Berlis body. He owns 3 Vipers & can help you with a flawless repair. He understands how a viper should be treated & repaired.

http://www.berlisbody.com/

I drove my car from Houston to have him repair a paint bubble.

my .02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper