Directional Vane, slotted & drilled two piece rotors

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would there be interest in a set of four two piece brake rotors that are cross drilled, slotted and heat treated. The center hats are machined from 6061-T6 bar stock and the rotors are cast iron with directional vanes and coated. These are suitable for heavy track use.

I am thinking about making a batch of these if there is interest. The cost would be around $1150 per set of four with plain aluminum hats or $1200 for hard coated hats. The main benifit of these rotors will be a 35lbs weight savings over stock.

These will be bolt-on for GEN 3 cars.

Grunt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Help me understand something about cross drilled. Why should someone switch to them when most race teams use solid?

I had no luck with C6 Z06 drilled rotors

The Z06 has cross drilled and mine eat up brake pads like there was no tomorrow.
They were cast iron as well rotors as well. Huge amount of weight at the corners.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Slotted or drilled but not slotted and drilled. And of the choice I prefer slotted. JMO.

I have two-piece Stoptechs on my GTS and would be interested if they were interchangable with the Stoptech hat.

OP
OP
J

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What size rotors are you using on your GTS? The GEN3 is a 14" (356mm) x 1.25"(31.75mm) rotor. I can have them made solid, slotted or drilled or both.

With regards to the Stoptechs, do you know how many bolts are used to mount the hats to the rotors?

OP
OP
J

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Help me understand something about cross drilled. Why should someone switch to them when most race teams use solid?

I had no luck with C6 Z06 drilled rotors

The Z06 has cross drilled and mine eat up brake pads like there was no tomorrow.
They were cast iron as well rotors as well. Huge amount of weight at the corners.

The cross drilling or slotting help to evacuate gas and water trapped between the pad and the rotor. The C6-Z06 pads do wear very fast, this is not necessarily due to the cross drilled rotors, but rather the pad composition and size.

Most rotors are cast iron (or carbon), however these are cast iron rotor rings with aluminum hats that save 35+ lbs over the stock rotors.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While what you say above is true cross drilling also takes away surface area, therefor giving you less braking power. personally I am a believer in slotting to help evacuate the built up gases. You mention a weight savings of 35 lbs, I presume that is for all 4 rotors? You price of $1150.00 per set, is that VCA club pricing or are you going to be offering us a VCA discount like the rest of us sponsors?