Director at Large???

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received a ballot for voting for a VCA Director at large, but it had no information on what that job entailed. Can someone please give us a good description of what the duties of this job are?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I filled out my voting form for South East Director-at-large, voting for Henry Cone. He's been very involved in ViperDays events, the Carolinas Viper Club, and posts informative threads on this site. The other person listed, Jim Groom, I've never even heard of.

OP
OP
S

SEASNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Henry Cone...he must be that funny looking guy in the harness who is always hanging around Janni.

For those who are interested.

Section 7. Directors at Large
There shall be elected from the current or past Region Officers, a maximum of ten Directors at Large. The Directors at Large shall be members of the National Board. Upon taking office the DAL will be assigned a committee by the National Board, such as Budget, Bylaws, Editor, Web, Merchandise, Events. Each Director at Large may have other duties and obligations to the Club as set forth from time to time by the President and the Board or the Zone Executive Committee. The DAL will chair his/her committee. The DAL will be selected from within the Zone.

Sounds like a good job for Henry.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Were your ballots secret? Ours required voter names and member #. ! I prefer CONEfidential ballots.

DALs were by title and definition to be "AT LARGE" so that they could help any Zone, anywhere. The bylaws were later revised to make the DAL subservient to the Zone, and elected by only the zone.

Go figure! The boss of the zone is the ZD who needs only 5 votes in the zone to get on the ballot......but the DAL needs 25 votes, and is subservient to the ZD. Bylaw madness.

VOTE !

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zone Directors are voted on by the 4 officers of each regional club, that is why they need 5 signatures to get nominated. The Directors At Large are voted on by the members of each Zone, so they need to get the 25 signatures. In proportion, the 25 actually represent a smaller number than 4 of the regional officers.

The reasoning behind the process was that since the DAL needs the Vote of MEMBERS, that they would need to get out prior to the election to even see if they can obtain the required votes to get the nomination. If they can't get the nomination then it would **** out anyone not serious about running.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4