Do I HAVE to buy a 96' manual?

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I HAVE to buy a 96\' manual?

Looking to purchase a shop manual for my snake. It's a 96' GTS. When the time comes, I want to try to change the clutch, etc. Here's my question. Do I have to buy a 96' manual or can I get away with a 97? 98? manual? They should be basically the same, right? Does anyone have an extra for sale?

Bill 96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Do I HAVE to buy a 96\' manual?

I have been told the 97 manual is better for a 96 than the 96 manual. The 96 manual was put together before the car.

OP
OP
S

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the feedback. This manual has a red cover for 97' right? I'll be sure to pick one up soon wherever I buy it. Thanks.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BigJim - VA 96GTS:
Yup - get a manual for a 97. Dodge did not do a great job on documenting GenII changes on the GTS in 96. I have found dozens of errors, inconsistencies in my 96 manual..... Also, whenever you order a factory part for your car from a dealer or anywhere else, ALWAYS get the part for a 97 GTS. Some 96 GTS parts don't even have a dodge P/N in their database.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ALWAYS and NEVER get us in a lot of trouble, BigJim!

A agree 93.721% with you....but some few parts are 96-GTS specific, even tho they may interchange w/ 1997 or later.
I certainly HOPE that loyal READERS here will give me a chance to make them loyal CUSTOMERS at PartsRack for all your "Factory NEW parts" for any D-C vehicle... GM too!
Viper is just my specialty!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas