Do I need sensors on my track wheels?

trackpak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have an '08 acr and want to get some Hoosiers on another set of wheels do i need to buy sensors for normal function? Can i buy 18" wheels or use the competition coupe stock BBS wheels on my 08 acr? anyone know how to chg the brembo caliper pads? thanks guys

29OUTLAW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With sensor-less wheels, you'll get one extra "chime" shortly after startup. Other than that, the only other thing you'll get is the warning message displayed in the little LCD screen above the odometer reading. Barely noticable if you're not looking.

Once you put the regular tires back on, all is back to normal.

This behavior is different than the behavior you'll get if you have a tire with a sensor but no air pressure. With this scenario, you'll get a chime about every 10 seconds which won't stop.

Reaction score
Have an '08 acr and want to get some Hoosiers on another set of wheels do i need to buy sensors for normal function? Can i buy 18" wheels or use the competition coupe stock BBS wheels on my 08 acr? anyone know how to chg the brembo caliper pads? thanks guys

You cannot use the Comp Coupe wheels without them sticking WAY out. They have a different off set for the wide body of the CC.

OP
OP
T

trackpak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what's the best vendor to get the extra whell sensors from and what is a good price 4 a set of 4?