Do most of you feel the need to buy new rear tires by 8/10K? I am very curious!

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My Viper started showing tire wear around 4-5K. I did change rear gears to .355's but did not drag race in competition. I am just an enthusiast who would occasionally find a safe stretch of road and practice a couple of drag runs for fun.

When are most of you casual drivers finding the need to order new tires? Did you change rear gears too, or did you actually race?

Maybe I am a leadfoot!

Jim

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got 3.55's about 1,000 miles ago, and with about 13,000 miles total I figure I've got 4-5,000 more on my original tires, including a few trips to the drag strip and occassional high speed off ramp sweepers.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Kid97, I have about 13,000 miles on my original set. They have been through four days of road courses (OK, so I am no Mumford or Adelberg), three autocrosses, and probably 60 drag races at the strip (.04 away from the 11's). Still have very good tread and they handle just fine. I went through more tires on my Buick Grand Nationals back in '87! I am now a firm believer in Michelins and will look at them for all my vehicles when the time is right.

BTW, have I ever mentioned how much I love this car?
You must be registered for see images

Chris

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've not a lead foot, just a steel right leg (broken in five places in a bike accident...pined, screwed and plated!)! I get about 3K miles out of mine, the fronts wear equal to the rears. I do occasional track days, drive on WOT, and sideways through the twisty bits. Gears are stock, but I'm running with mod. headers and no-cats 3" tri-ceramic coated system. Hope to get some drag time in this summer, until then I'll be keeping the rear wheels steering!

Wear your tires with pride.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine