do they make Kumhos for 99 - 2002?

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J/W did you get 2 or all 4? and what did they run ya?

there closed now I'll call him tomorrow.

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: do they make Kumhos for 99 - 2002?

Yes, Tire Rack does sell 335/30/18 Kumho V700s. I just bought some! To find them on their site, you must search by brand, select Kumho, select V700s, click on sizes/pricing. Scroll down to 335/30/18. I believe they are $241 each plus about $20-30 shipping. Supply is low but I just got some a couple of weeks ago. They are AWESOME!!!!

Rich

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, Tire Rack does sell 335/30/18 Kumho V700s. I just bought some! To find them on their site, you must search by brand, select Kumho, select V700s, click on sizes/pricing. Scroll down to 335/30/18. I believe they are $241 each plus about $20-30 shipping. Supply is low but I just got some a couple of weeks ago. They are AWESOME!!!!

Rich

cool Thanks alot Rich

monnieh

Viper Owner
Reaction score

dont' they sit funny on the wheel? Like there is no protective lip sticking out to help prevent minor curb rash?

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm starting to seriously think about getting a set of rears for mine. I've read the other posts recently on these. Would these tires with more grip require upgrading halfshafts on a basically stock '01 for drag racing? I'd like to use them for once a year or so road racing (PPIR in Colorado), occasional drag racing and mostly driving on the street. Would these be the best choice.

Thanks in advance.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

dont' they sit funny on the wheel? Like there is no protective lip sticking out to help prevent minor curb rash?
Fuggetaboutit. I did a 3k+ launch taking a guy for a ride a few days ago and even with the 3.55 gears the mighty Kumhos spun maybe two rotations and we were gone. Bad thing is that in 18" they do not make a tire as tall as stock for the front.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Fuggetaboutit. I did a 3k+ launch taking a guy for a ride a few days ago and even with the 3.55 gears the mighty Kumhos spun maybe two rotations and we were gone. Bad thing is that in 18" they do not make a tire as tall as stock for the front.

You must be registered for see images

wow 3K, these must be some great tires.

I have Kumho supra's on my mustang and they **** BIG TIME.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have Kumho supra's on my mustang and they **** BIG TIME.
I have the Kunho MX on the front (tread matches V700 well visually and side-wall is very close) and have not yet found their limit.

P.S. I'll admit that on that 3K+ launch the ambients were in the 90s with lots of residual heat in the asphalt even though it was night time so it was a traction friendly environment, but the tires stuck great even before the heat set in.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

how about the V710's???

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

also tire rack is "claimimg" that the michelin pilots have a better dry traction rating then the kumho v700.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kumhos seriously kick ass! I need traction now more than ever, so I'll be making the call next week!! :2tu:

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

no one tried the V710's?

also anyone know why the pilots have a better dry traction rating at tire rack?? are they just stupid?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cant imagine that, the autocrosser's over here ditched Michelins a couple of years ago in favour of the Kumhos, not just viper owners at a big event last year I noticed a lot of other marques were running them to

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

also tire rack is "claimimg" that the michelin pilots have a better dry traction rating then the kumho v700.

NOT EVEN CLOSE! These Kumho V700s grab twice as good as Michelins. If you like doing burnouts and sliding arouns, don't get the Kumho V700s!

Rich

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

NOT EVEN CLOSE! These Kumho V700s grab twice as good as Michelins. If you like doing burnouts and sliding arouns, don't get the Kumho V700s!

Rich

why idea bout the V710's? they look like a straight up slick but their street legal any thoughts?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) If TireRack ever has a tire in stock, PartsRack has it, too. We currently have 17 F, R, and 18R. 18F due in Jul 5.

2) Sometimes, we have stock when TireRack is out.

3) We pay to support this site, and hope you will give PartsRack a shot... AND we are ALWAYS less expensive, and the shipping is the same, or usually $4 less.

4) Kumhos are stickier when CLEAN...... But you can use up a set in a weekend. I believe the photo may be a 315-17 rear ? Not a 335?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

no one tried the V710's?

also anyone know why the pilots have a better dry traction rating at tire rack?? are they just stupid?

TireRack does extensive skid-pad testing w/ a G-Tech, and relies on their own data as well as manufaturer and 3rd party data.

PartsRack is a proud co-sponsor of the NAYKID RACING / KUMHO SRT-10 Team featured in the new Viper Mag. Past Natl champs Scotty and Cindy swear that the V-700 is their preferred tire ( and they can take their Kumho pick) and in the rain the MX is their choice.

HOWEVER: Track traction hot and clean, vs street traction cold and dirty, is an apples-basketballs comparo. It pretty much ends at roundness. Most racetracks are swept twice a day, and the traction is GREAT if you stay 'on the line.'

On the street, multi-lane centerlines that you cross constantly are DIRTY, as are every intersection turn-lane. If you believe a once-sticky, sand, soil, and cigarette-butt impregnated tire will leave a stopsign faster, or corner better than a Sport, I have a bridge for sale.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon, with this said... "On the street, multi-lane centerlines that you cross constantly are DIRTY, as are every intersection turn-lane. If you believe a once-sticky, sand, soil, and cigarette-butt impregnated tire will leave a stopsign faster, or corner better than a Sport, I have a bridge for sale."

Are you saying that a Pilot Sport will give better traction on the street than a Kumho V-700?

What about Pilot Cups? Seems very little info is ever available on where they may or may not fit in on the street.

Thanks,

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love the V700 Kuhmo's.. they really stick... and with a S/C or 3.55 gears you really need a sticky tire.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is NO comparison between Kumhos & Pilot Sports on the street when it comes to sticking.

The Kumhos blow the PS away.