Do they make rear Kumos for an 18 rim.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that still the best all around street tire?
I need some traction.
1st and 2nd are useless.
awefully cheap $ for a quality tire.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is that still the best all around street tire?
I need some traction.
1st and 2nd are useless.
awefully cheap $ for a quality tire.
I guess that depends on your criteria for "best all around street tire". In many/most people's opinions, when longevity, wet and dry traction, tracking/dartiness, etc are considered, the best all around street tire is going to be the Pilot Sport (the "1st" on the page). Kumho's have never been the best "all around", although they are one of the best if pure traction is your only issue. I would never consider using Kumho's on the street on mine except for to/from a competition event, though, as I drive my Viper to work most every day and longevity, tracking, and ride comfort are also important factors.

Now, when considered against other DOT-legal competition tires - i.e., the Hoosier R3 and R4 tires (for track work), I personally have been using Hoosiers, which I also drive to/from the track on. However, I'd never want to get caught in the rain with them.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2-3 day delivery for us over here, 17 and 18's
we have them but as usual not as cheap as the US

18" rears £205 each fitted
fronts £175 fitted
inc taxes

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a moot point the 335/30WR18's have been on "back order" since December.

Ha ha. I got lucky and they had ONE set about 6 weeks ago and I got 'em. They are in my garage waiting for my other V700's to wear out.

Actually, I have over 6,000 miles on my V700's, (335-30-18), and they still have almost all of their tread left, well, at least half. I'm supprised at how well they have worn including 3 trips to the dragstrip!

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Greg,
Since you have plenty of tread on your old ones, would you be interested in selling the new ones to a fellow viper brother running on BFG's with not a hint of tread left?

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marc,

Ummm, no. But, I think I remember reading where Kumho is coming out with a V710. I guess they are to replace the 700's, but I don't know when they will be out, how they will compare and perform to the 700, etc.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get about 1500 good hard driving miles out of the rears and twice that from the fronts , no way they have 6k miles and still look new...........

kwkshift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, darn, ya got me.....I'm lying about .....tires! Golly gee ****! :rolleyes:

Could it be another reason like driving habits? Maybe your roads are ****** there compared to the ones I drive on here. The only burnouts I do are short ones at the track, not in the street for no reason. I also closely monitor my tire pressures.

Here is a visual aid to help you:

Old Kumho with about 6000 miles on it

You must be registered for see images

New Kumho sitting on the garage floor

You must be registered for see images

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I notice on mine that the tread depth on brand new V700's is deepeer on the inside than on the outer edges. I assume this is to add traction as the tires wear but may cause inspection issues.
I plan on getting extra rims and tires just to pass inspection then switch back after. Will be good to have mounted spare rears on hand in case of flat anyway.