Do you find the greaseable ball joints annoying?

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly, they're annoying as hell...I love checking out the wheels after a cruise and randomly see grease in the barrels :grumble:

They just seem so unecessary :dunno:

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you dont put a over abundance in the boot-they will be fine, and the caps mj stated- u have to be able to lub those joints especially on these monsters,you dont need alot

Reaction score
The caps just slip on over the zerk and are easy to remove for maintenance although the ball joints generally never need grease unless there is a boot failure or you are getting them so hot at the track the grease is liquefying and running out.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
they really dont have but a smidge from brand new, at least on my o8 and o9, none -didly squatt- u need to put a few pumps in them from new

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a sythetic grease from Autozone. 12 fitttings if memory serves me correctly....every other oil change. (every 6000 miles)

Regards,
Aaron

Garron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most guys over grease the joints and make a mess. If you look at the owners manual it recommends every 15'000 miles grease the joints for a gen 3. If you are ******* the vehicle and find it is melting out of the joint I find it is not as bad if you start replacing it with a high heat grease.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960