Do you lease new Viper? If so who is your leasing co.

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this forum and to the Viper world. I've been toing with Viper idea for a long time, but now with the new 08 beast comming out I am convinced that I have to have one.
Because I have my own company I would like to lease new Viper so I can take tax advantage off of it.
Anyone here leasing their Vipers? What kind of deals do you have? What leasing company would you recomend?

Thanks.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Putnam Leasing. I know that a few people on here have leased them but not really worth it. You are looking at about $1100 - $1300 a month with a few thousand down for 36 months. Expect to pay about $40 ,000 at the end of the term.

ssviperfl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would highly recommend MWL Leasing in Ohio (advertised in AutoWeek). I leased my '05 SRT 10 down here in S. Florida through Brian. They were great to work with and got me a low lease payment on my '05. They are also a subsidiary of a Dodge dealer so that's even better......he located my '05.
call 877-817-8200

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had a good experience w/Putnam leasing each of the 2 times i dealt with them. i'm located in FL & i went thru a fellow there by the name of Kim. he was real easy to deal with.:)

OP
OP
S

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
Guys, on a good lease what should I expect to pay down and monthly on a new car?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i had a good experience w/Putnam leasing each of the 2 times i dealt with them. i'm located in FL & i went thru a fellow there by the name of Kim. he was real easy to deal with.:)

Jesse I don't lease but I did read about them. They are located not too far from me. Correct me if i am wrong, but they do not take the car back corrrect? Don't you have to find the buyer or soemthing along those lines?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, on a good lease what should I expect to pay down and monthly on a new car?
Hard to say with a new car since the residual value is hard to estimate, but I think Keith's numbers are a little on the low side. With the least possible down (it's simply crazy to buy down a lease with up front cash) I'd guess that your monthly payments (say 36-39 months) should be around $1,300-$1,400.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I would suggest that you look far beyond just price per month ( obviously you want a fair rate ), as many of these companies have open ended leases ( low price now, big surprise at the end), and it is getting to be more and more common to see penalties for getting out of the lease early , or to buy it out. One of the largest Banks in the Country will now charge taxes on the buyout , even if a Dealer is the purchaser. This can add a bunch of unneccesary funds to a vehicle if you want to trade it in.

Keep in mind that many of the Companies have to purchase the vehicle and then lease it, so you end up having an additional middleman. With a new model , the lease that is often the most competitive and has the fewest restrictions, is often from the Manufacturer. At this point it is nothing but a bunch of wild guesses, as there is no data out at all on rate, residuals, etc. - and one would hope that the money factor rate goes down with the Feds recent movement.

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lease an 06 red vert and put a total of 7K down which was 1st payment taxes ect. I leased for 30 months and my payment is $920.00 through chrysler credit.

This was a brand new 06 with 21 miles.

OP
OP
S

SFYellow

Suspended
Reaction score
I lease an 06 red vert and put a total of 7K down which was 1st payment taxes ect. I leased for 30 months and my payment is $920.00 through chrysler credit.

This was a brand new 06 with 21 miles.

That sounds like a good deal for brand new viper lease. The 920 includes taxes as well? Did you get this deal through dealer or you contacted chrysler credit yourself?

pcc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I leased a new o6 for 24 month term from Chrysler Financial for $1,073.92 / month total, plus I put $4,000.00 down.

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dodge.com site has a lease calculator with residual values for '08 Viper. With a few thousand down, it came up with $1325/month for 39 months.

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That included tax and 1st payment, sec dep. the works. That was through the dealer.

SBMIANO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I l;ease dfor 20 moths because I leased it in May and wanted to get three summers out of it.

The 920.00 per mo inclds tax 1st paymt sec dep. and remember I wrote the dealer a check for 7K. the sale on the lease was $72,000 for the car with a good int rate I think it was a bout 6.

jessewallace

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jesse I don't lease but I did read about them. They are located not too far from me. Correct me if i am wrong, but they do not take the car back corrrect? Don't you have to find the buyer or soemthing along those lines?
i have had 2 leases via Putnam. Each time i purchased the car through a car dealer that sells only hi end sports cars. They suggested putnam leasing. I never kept either vehicle til the end of the lease. But as far as them not taking the vehicle.... it was a regular lease. I would have just turned it back end @ end of lease or did the BUY OUT if i'd chosen to keep it. They do have leases that have a very, very low buy out. It's basically a purchase. Something like a $5k buyout on an 80k$ car! They do that for tax purposes I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masterofzen