Dodge Viper driver loses control in deadly crash

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will be missed. He had been to several events over the last few years. He was at our dyno event just last week. I hope his passenger recovers fully and pray for Joel's family. He was, as said before, a very good guy....and yes Chuck, he had track time. Unfortunately he made a fatal mistake on a cold early morning/late night.

TMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
RIP. Joel, Don't make enough events to remember him but it's always sad to see a fellow Viper owner pass away. Our prayers go out to his family and to the passenger.

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with Joel's family and friends, it's hard to believe the passenger made it out of there by the looks of the accident. As a subtel hint from above the very best mod for the Viper is track time and fresh tires. Please be extra careful on cold/old (just as bad) tires and roads this time of year guys. RIP Fellow Viper Brother <><

B & R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Condolences to Adrian and the rest of the family. Joel will be missed.

Richard

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerry, thanks for the update and added insight from Joels cousin. My condolences to not only his family but also to you vca guys that knew him.
Sorry for your loss everyone.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other thing to take note of is the fact that the later hour gets, the POTENTIAL for alcohol to be a contributing factor increases almost exponentially.

yep. cant imagine driving a viper at night (at high speed) - except at - Le Mans.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The passenger has a broken Pelvis and Collar bone. He hopefully will make a full recovery but is out of the woods so to speak. Joel's service will be this Wednesday and has been communicated to the entire email distribution list for the Houston VCA. If anyone else needs the information please let me know. The Houston VCA is sending a flower arrangement and at his family's request will be part of the funeral.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The passenger has a broken Pelvis and Collar bone. He hopefully will make a full recovery but is out of the woods so to speak. Joel's service will be this Wednesday and has been communicated to the entire email distribution list for the Houston VCA. If anyone else needs the information please let me know. The Houston VCA is sending a flower arrangement and at his family's request will be part of the funeral.
Thanks F8L for the update, & the local Houston VCA chaper Way to step up to the Plate, Thats Awesome!

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the Houston guys are taking this especially hard. Remember the good times. I'm sure there were many. Speedy recovery to the passenger.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Terrible news. Condolences to all affected. Wish the passenger a speedy recovery.