1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dodge Viper stereotypes and sayings

Discussion in 'General Viper Discussion' started by Daniel SRT-10, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Daniel SRT-10

Daniel SRT-10 VCA Member - Great Lakes VCA Member

This could be humorous or offensive but with my casual sense of humor It’s my hope this thread is fun for all.

The rude, inappropriate, insulting or even scary comments I’ve come to know about the viper or their drivers was a factor when I decided to own one.

Viper is most often compared to a Corvette but they couldn’t be further apart in characteristics. Ive owned a ZO6 Corvette so I know how dramatic the polarity swing is between the two, Ultimately the Viper much more fun. You can lose respect for a Corvette and still be forgiven but do that in a Viper and it will leave you by wrapping its self around a tree in a lasting embrace.

2. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Some Viper enthusiasts are purists and exclusive. Which is ok, I just find it a little odd as it tends to push people away instead of Welcoming.

3. George Farris

George Farris VCA Member - South VCA Member

Actually, been doing Vipers since February 1994. My observation is we are the most friendly and welcoming car club/guys I have ever been around.

People go nuts around these cars and it just revs us up!!

4. Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers Enthusiast

When I drive my Viper I know exactly what it is like to be a beautiful woman with big t*ts. Staring, whistling, revving there engines and smiles, V's and thumbs up too. Still, I have a profound background in sleep street racing in the 70's and I prefer the anonymity. But now that I'm old, having a Viper that makes every head turn is fun. As far as a street race, I just laugh and keep on driving.

Corvette: Its simply not in the same class as Viper. A loaded Corvette is nothing more than a gussied up base model - sort of sad really.

MY SEARCH - VIPER IS SO UNIQUE THAT IT DOESN'T REGISTER:

20 years ago when I had money to burn, I was finally going to buy an expensive fast car (previous most spent in a car was $8000 for a T-bird Turbo Coupe.) I discovered the bottom fell out of the 12-cyl Ferrari market and I found you could buy a Testarossa driver for $35k - but was turned off by Ferrari friend who said you won't like it, it's a big heavy car and it feels that way when you drive it. I looked at Turbo Buicks and even an Anniversay Turbo Trans Am - but nothing was clicking.

Now I read all the car mags and knew all here was, but it took a friend to simply say, "Buy a Viper."

DUH! I was dumbfounded - I knew this car well: 120 mph 1/4 mile out of the box.

WHY didn't I think of this? Probably because it was so unique and so out of my price range when it came out, my brain had classified it as something different, not just a "car."
    UNFORTUNATELY I know of one "stereotype" of Viper that is rather irritating. It's along the lines that Shelly Duval really is Olive Oil and Andrew McCutchen looks like Jar Jar Binks - but the GTS does in deed look like a clown shoe. This really pisses me off because it never occurred to me and now that I've heard it, it definitely has some traction.

EliteV likes this.
  5. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

Tom I do not see it, my shoes look nothing like a Viper.

6. Frank Parise

Frank Parise VCA Venom Member VCA Member

I regularly visit a number of other discussion forums to keep current including several viper forums, several mustang forums, the hellcat forum, and a couple of corvette forums. Sadly, the decorum is generally dreadful and I do not remember it being that way 20 years ago. I do my best to filter through the noise and do the fact gathering I need to take care of my cars. There are enough old guys that remain gentlemen and actually know what they are talking about.

EliteV likes this.
  7. Richard S

Richard S Enthusiast

I was in the VCA early on in the late 90's when I bought a couple of new Vipers. (yeah, I'm an "older guy" now). Got busy with work and kids and lost interest in my 96 Rt/10, 98 GTS and the VCA for over 15 years. In fact, I haven't put a tag on my GTS since 2010!!

Both are gorgeous and run perfectly. I have more time now and a renewed interest in my Vipers and this forum. Tom's post above about irritating Viper comments blew me away!! In the late 90's a friend's wife made a comment to me that my GTS looked like a "clown shoe".. with it's big up-turned broad toe and sagging mid section. We must have been smoking something because I could actually picture it! So, I posted that comment on the VCA forum in about 1999 and today I read Tom's post that the analogy stuck and has become a somewhat annoying legend. I'll begrudgingly take full credit for that!!

Tom, I LOVE the way my GTS looks, even 20 years later.. but you gotta concede the resemblance.

Oh yeah, one more comment, Tom mentioned that one of the cars he considered buying before his 1st Viper many years ago was a 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am. That got my attention, too. I still have my Turbo T/A (bought in 1990)!

A lot of fun here.

EliteV likes this.
  8. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

I've got a "good" stereotype that's always come to mind for me. I started off in a Vette club back before and one thing that seemed to strike me more than anything about them was it felt like an "owners" club more than a "drivers" club. Pretty much every Viper owner I've ever met seems to really enjoy driving their car, not just owning it. They are all V10, 6 speed, big torque, and big tire cars, so they seem to attract the kind of person that really likes to be engaged while driving, not just someone that wants a flashy car to show off. I think that's one reason I've always really appreciated them more than other cars of similar performance levels.

steve e and EliteV like this.
  9. Richard S

Richard S Enthusiast

People always think Viper owners know every other Viper owner in town. Never heard that in a Corvette. In the early years we actually did know nearly every other Viper owner in town.

EliteV likes this.
  10. MoparMap

MoparMap VCA National President

I'm constantly surprised how many Vipers there are around a town sometimes. I think I know most of the ones in my town now (it's not a huge city), but it always surprises me just how many there are around that you almost never see or that were right under your nose the whole time.

11. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

I live in Prescott AZ and have never seen a Viper , I know there around just never saw one yet, come to think of it no one has seen mine ether, it sits in the garage LOL.

EliteV likes this.