Does any car look good next to a GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets get something straight; Italy is not a country known for great engineers but rather for flash and good food. Their cars are not of such high quality as to be compared to German cars, for example. In fact, they are built like ****. When some of you bellow about how well made they are, you sound like 13 year olds who don't actually know a damn thing about cars. The one character who boldly stated that any Murcielago (actually he mis-spelled the name) or Enzo etc. would "**** any Viper", has a juvenile mentality and I would go as far as to speculate that he is a "grease monkey" with a stunningly low IQ. In actuality my GTS is faster than the Murci that I came across. Remember that they weigh in the neighborhood of 4000 pounds and are grossly lacking in torque in comparison to a Viper.

The subject of this post is that the GTS seems to always look better than anything it is parked next to and in my opinion, this is the testament of true automotive beauty. Opinions may vary but I have yet to see another car make a GTS look bad but have always seen the reverse.

LOL if you think that your catback only GTS can beat a Murci LP640, then I really feel sorry for you. Then again, you also think that a BONE STOCK GTS CAN DYNO 500RWHP:lmao:

Dude, go read up on the launch assist concerning the Lp640/670 and the Enzo then maybe you will understand why I said there is no Viper that is going to beat those cars on the street. MAYBE an 08/09 with a very very good driver could make it interesting. But, first off, the Enzo has more power and weighs less. Second, the Murci may way more but is much more aerodynamic. THe LP also has AWD combined with launch assist. It would have 2 cars on an 08/09 and the VIper is not going to close that gap...

Now go complete your homework assignment:D

Last edited:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder what a 199GTS is? Got any pics?

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's mine, kinda dirty. LOL forgive the Wal Mart background. I had to take a few pics of the car for my sister before I got home :lmao:

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You my friend are funny. If you think that your catback GTS can run with an LP640, either the guy u ran into was not racing, you have more mods than you claim on the GTS, or he was a horrible driver. Your catback GTS isn't that fast, get over it. How many Vipers or other high end cars have you worked on yourself? I'm willing to bet...NONE. You have proven time and time again with your ignorant rhetoric, that YOU are the one that doesn't know what he is talking about. You think a bone stock GTS dynoed 500RWHP...GET A CLUE TIMMAY!!!:lmao: I can PROMISE you that on the street, an LP640 in a straight line or an Enzo will beat any STOCK Viper made and would ****** a stock GTS. An 08/09 MIGHT have a chance against the 640 but it would take a very good driver. The LP640 has an insane launch assist as does the Enzo. Go get educated on them before you post up your 13 year old blah blah blah.

Oh and LMAO at the Italian's not being good engineers. I think Ferrari and all it's subsidiaries should just pull out of Formula 1 right now!!:lmao:

WE were asked not to get personal - so I won't.

The GTS was built to race Lemans and kicked ass as bad as the "Winged Warriors" did back in 1970. They always came in at the front of all other comers. If there was 5 GTSs or Superbirds they ended the race in 1-5th place.

In '99 the ruling body was so tired of Ferrari and Porsche's whining and ONLY Dodge winning races for YEARS ... they instituted extra weight for Vipers (as did NASCAR for the Hemis) and required a 40% restrictor plated for the intake of the engine. That'w why Ferrari started to win, because Dodge was effectively taken out of competition by RESTRICTIONS. Vipers are still forced to run restrictor plates although they're winning again!

If all cars ran equal Dodge would go back top winning every race, again.

I don't understand why Ferrari didn't buy Viper - at VOI X Ferrari did make an offer to dodge to buy the "World's Fastest Road Car" but obviously it was not enough. Guess Ferrari will just have to redesign their Enzo so that they can try the Ring again? Maybe they don't care that they're slower?

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Here's mine, kinda dirty. LOL forgive the Wal Mart background. I had to take a few pics of the car for my sister before I got home :lmao:

Looks good, and I like the wheels.

Question - is that tint legal there? Here it would be worth a ticket. Ordered 50% for my windows etc. but even that could get me a ticket here.

Ted

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I edited it down. I thought the C5R was dominant at LeMans?!?!? I agree with you about the Oreca Vipers though, they were NASTY!! I don't understand why they didn't buy them either...10 million doesn't seem like a lot of money for them.

All I was pointing out, was that on the street, it is very hard to beat an LP640 because of that launch assist/AWD and an Enzo becuase of it's launch assist. If you go to youtube you can watch them launching...it's insane. That and the Enzo is lighter and more powerful than the 08 and the LP640 weighs more but the aero is much better...that and it would have the power to stay in front because it would probably hole shot the Viper by 2 cars.

BTW nice ride, love the rims. A buddy of mine had those same rims on his 01 RT/10 before we wrecked it :(.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good, and I like the wheels.

Question - is that tint legal there? Here it would be worth a ticket. Ordered 50% for my windows etc. but even that could get me a ticket here.

Ted

No the tint isn't legal and it's on the to do list LOL because it's peeling in a small area on the driver's side window. I am just going to get whatever is legal in FL.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps it doesn't matter if a GTS would lose to a 640 or an Enzo because almost anyone could buy a Roe Blower kit and bolt it on their GTS in a day or two. ...or pay an extra grand or two and get someone else to do it. Then even the minimium 6.5# $7,000 kit would stomp nearly every car ever built. Another few hours and $400 would get 8# and w/m injection to get tons more power from a stocker. Enzo, Porsche etc. can't do that. I looked at a Porsche that had custom wheels on it. I didn't know that it was possible to spend more than $35,000 and only get 4 wheels (not gold plated). A turbo upgrade (150hp+) cost the Porsche guy another $35,000. I think it was 520rwhp. Not for me.

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think this car might take First Place in my Garage!

You must be registered for see images

Anybody have one the want to trade for a Viper? :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My AWD experience is that they start fast, but they get dragged down close to 100mph. So anything after 100mph AWD dogs the car really badly.

My Stealth TTs are super quick to 60mph and everything comparable beats them badly after that. Although the stock Stealth TTs blew the vettes away at everything, after 100mph the vette pulled ahead. In the quarter mile the Stealth TT got passed at the big end. Even highly modified it would only start a few feet ahead of my Viper before losing badly. I bought my supercharger Viper because a Z06 beat my Stealth TT, lol. Now my Stealth TTs are winter supercars.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, but don't forget that the LP's AWD is 60/40...and that car will pull all the way up to 215 :D

But yes a ROE powered Viper would give any of them a bad day :D

Unless you come across UGR's LP640!!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Off thread but as far as exotics and Vipers ...

At Race City in Calgary Greg Phillips just bought an ACR. He's one of the race driver isntructors for the driving school there. He holds the track lap record for street tires while driving a 1000whp Lambo. He said that he's going to beat that time with his STOCK ACR!!!

550rwhp against 1000 seems like a stock GTS against my GTS and I have trouble imagining an ACR blowing an exotic tuner car with double the hp away ... but that is one of the reasons I'm a Viper guy.

Ted

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I edited it down. I thought the C5R was dominant at LeMans?!?!? I agree with you about the Oreca Vipers though, they were NASTY!! I don't understand why they didn't buy them either...10 million doesn't seem like a lot of money for them.

All I was pointing out, was that on the street, it is very hard to beat an LP640 because of that launch assist/AWD and an Enzo becuase of it's launch assist. If you go to youtube you can watch them launching...it's insane. That and the Enzo is lighter and more powerful than the 08 and the LP640 weighs more but the aero is much better...that and it would have the power to stay in front because it would probably hole shot the Viper by 2 cars.

BTW nice ride, love the rims. A buddy of mine had those same rims on his 01 RT/10 before we wrecked it :(.

I like the lambo and ferrari and no doubt they are totally awesome cars, and quality wise they are far superior compared to a dodge, but I have to disagree about accelleration. I believe the 08, 09 viper from 0 to 130 would beat either of those cars as I have seen a stock 08 Viper run 10.9 at 130mph in the 1/4 mile and I don't think I ever read or witnessed either one of those cars accellerating that fast.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this car might take First Place in my Garage!

Anybody have one the want to trade for a Viper? :)

I perfer the all carbon fiber body CCXR Edition. I think there were 7 of them made.

I like the looks of my Gallardo a little more then my GTS. They both look great and more importantly are a lot of fun. Again how something looks is a matter of personal taste. There's no right or wrong answer.

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The other night i watched the show that toured the Ferrari Factory ,the hand craftmenship, attention to detail ect is pretty amazing (granted you pay for it though )

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the lambo and ferrari and no doubt they are totally awesome cars, and quality wise they are far superior compared to a dodge, but I have to disagree about accelleration. I believe the 08, 09 viper from 0 to 130 would beat either of those cars as I have seen a stock 08 Viper run 10.9 at 130mph in the 1/4 mile and I don't think I ever read or witnessed either one of those cars accellerating that fast.

I have driven the Ferrari 599gtb twice and the Scuderia several times and I agree they are far superior built cars to the Viper. I do however also agree that in regards to just plain gut wrenching acceleration, the Viper, even my Viper, has the edge.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gosh, that Lambo looks silly next to that GTS Viper. Sorry but Lambos look like they were built for 12 year old Hot Wheels fans. Lambo Murcielagos are poser cars, not serious sports cars. If they were serious, they would not weigh over 4000 pounds. Gallardos, like the one above, look like their target market is in the 10 -13 year old range. The ACR Viper is a serious performance car and the fact that it would kick the piss out of the poser cars, proves it.

As far as the GTS goes, the ever heroic Ted said it all. The euros had to cry, whine and beg for the Viper to get handicapped in order to save them from further embarrassment. The Viper truly is an all american hero.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gosh, that Lambo looks silly next to that GTS Viper. Sorry but Lambos look like they were built for 12 year old Hot Wheels fans. Lambo Murcielagos are poser cars, not serious sports cars. If they were serious, they would not weigh over 4000 pounds. Gallardos, like the one above, look like their target market is in the 10 -13 year old range. The ACR Viper is a serious performance car and the fact that it would kick the piss out of the poser cars, proves it.

As far as the GTS goes, the ever heroic Ted said it all. The euros had to cry, whine and beg for the Viper to get handicapped in order to save them from further embarrassment. The Viper truly is an all American hero.
Well said that man :D

Have to agree, Le mans 24hr is a boring place without the Vipers

Mark
:uk:

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I understand all that. But re-read my post please sir. I said on the street. At the track, grip is a lot easier to come by because of the track prep and the fact that it is concrete and mostly straight. The Viper will have the advantage here because it can drop the clutch at a higher RPM and do a big burnout. Not to mention that that 10.9 was done under perfect conditions which we both know is never the case on the street.

Basically, if you set up a 1/4 mile distance on asphalt, I think it's safe to say that you are not going to run 10.9 seconds..

The Enzo at the track trapped higher than 130 but ran a low 11 while the Murci(LP640) ran a mid 11 and trapped really high in the 120's. On the street, they are both going to out launch the Viper. All drivers being equal...

BUT, given the fact that an 08/09 Viper can even run with these two cars is an amazing testament to Dodge and Chevy (the main reason for upping the ante for the Viper).

Put the two cars together from a 60-70 roll on and it would be less pretty for the Viper.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99VPRTRLL, get over your sales pitch already. The fact is that the Viper is the best platform for performance in the street legal automotive world. Cubic inches always wins and Dodge has built a no nonsense car in the Viper that nobody has been able to touch since the inception of the GTS back in the mid 90's. The Viper is the ballsiest car that the USA has ever made and I don't see it changing any time soon. It's the epitome of the american spirit, which established its dominance some 65 years ago when we laid down the world order.

The fact is, Italy can stitch a mean leather steering wheel and dashboard but when it comes to creating real firepower, it's nothing but a little ***-on country, not in the class of the powerhouse USA, where you claim to reside. Hell, Texas could take Italy in a war. Lets keep things in perspective, shall we?

This common fixation with all that is euro is not only unrealistic but sheepish by nature. Have some shame and cease your Viper bashing or I will have to remind you of the ***** slapping that a TT Viper laid upon that 1.5 mil automotive gargoyle, called the Bugatti Veyron.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gosh, that Lambo looks silly next to that GTS Viper. Sorry but Lambos look like they were built for 12 year old Hot Wheels fans. Lambo Murcielagos are poser cars, not serious sports cars. If they were serious, they would not weigh over 4000 pounds. Gallardos, like the one above, look like their target market is in the 10 -13 year old range.

Looks is a matter of opinion but I am sure a lot of people would agree that both the Gen II GTS and the Gallardo look a lot better then a Gen III & IV Vipers including the one in your avatar. In terms of looks a lot of people think Viper has taken a turn for the worst. They just don't have the lines they use to. Your opinion seems pretty silly to me.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks is a matter of opinion but I am sure a lot of people would agree that both the Gen II GTS and the Gallardo look a lot better then a Gen III & IV Vipers including the one in your avatar. In terms of looks a lot of people think Viper has taken a turn for the worst. They just don't have the lines they use to. Your opinion seems pretty silly to me.

You mean, like this one? My opinion is that the GTS beats them all or did you not realize the original premise of this thread, junior?

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't have one person dis-agreeing with you without throwing a tempertantrum like a little kid. I was cordial with my disagreement but you still have to blow up...cry less?

Alex, you are a tool. I am by no ways bashing the Viper. You however continue to prove just how ignorant you are with your posts. TRLL *** is that? I'm brand loyal to an extent, but come on. If you really think the GTS is the #1 sports car in the world, then you truly have issues. If you think cars like the Enzo, the Zonda, and the LP670 are pieces of ****, then you are truly mis-guided.

WOW, a TT Viper beat a Veyron...I would hope so. But what does that prove? Nothing!

You are going to ask me things like if I ever had a girlfriend? How old are you? LMAO you hitting on me cupcake? I've had much more than you have, just believe me on that. It's obvious that you are really insecure, and women don't like that. Please, grow up dude. Stay on topic.

Actually, I don't know why I respond to you. You think two very funny things.

1. You think that a boxer can take an MMA guy 1v1 in a fight...:lmao:
2. You think that a stock GTS dynoed at 495RWHP.

Because of #2, you shouldn't even be allowed to post anymore.:D

EDIT: LMMFAO You brought up a war of TX vs Italy? My gosh, you are seriously funny as hell. The Viper is the best platform in the world? Please explain why? Because the ACR went 722 around the ring? LMAO. Just to clue you in on something...there are MANY cars within 10 seconds of that time. ALL of them, THATS RIGHT....ALL of them ran their times with normal street radials. The ACR heat cycled the Cups completely before making it's run. Now, yes, the ACR comes with those tires from the factory, I can't argue that. But, cars like the CCX, Zonda, and ZR1 are all only within a few seconds of the Viper...what do you think would have happend if they had ran at the ring with those tires? The ACR would probably be the 5th fastest if that. I'm not dissing it..I OWN A VIPER, but give credit where credit is due and stop being so brand loyal. Thanks, I'm done with you...grow up and get educated before you talk to me anymore. You are as ignorant now as you were 3 months ago in the other thread.:lmao:

Last edited:

eliems

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow! What a beautiful rear end this is. How much does one of these Koenigsiggs cost again?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never seen a Pearle Blue Italian car. Were colors an option on Ferrari's, Masis and Porsches? Like this color ...

Black was my favourite color because it shows every tiny imperfection in bodywork. Always doing my own bodywork I love polished Black. I painted one of my tubbed and framed Pro-streeters (10s in street trim) Black with Sapphire Candy stripes and Pearle Blue/Clear topcoat. It was amazing and won me many awards. The car became pure Black under low lighting. I was amazed at the colors when I bought my 1 of 37 Deep Sapphire Blue/Silver Striped 01 GTS ... Ferrari's come in this color?

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
One other thing about the Viper GTS/Gen 2. I'm certain that it's the most famous car ever built. When I was a child the Diablo was probably the most famous as that was the best poster commercially available. For the last decade and a half that "most famous car in the world" is the Viper. From little children (even 4 years old) to 7 year olds and 20 year old women "down under"/Australia the Viper GTS is world renown. As noticed earlier, most of us can't even spell Murcialago and nearly all of the other contenders. 4 year olds want to drive the Viper GTS that's loaded onto their PlayStation 3. The Koneig whatever, the Zonda F. There's hundreds of obscure supercars that come and go, cost as much as millions of dollars, but the Viper hasn't come and gone. The Veyron may go faster (254mph?) but it's a 100 cars, not 25,000+ built. Many, many people of the world will never even see one go past so there's not much wonder that they're not very famous to non car guys. The Australian girl that came here to work as a nanny asked for a ride in my GTS. Thrilled a 7 year old yesterday when I stopped at the Post Office and let him sit in my Viper. Tooks some pics of him with my car and emailed them to him so he can use them for bragging rights to his cousin. Not sure how much he'd be able to brag about some car that no other kids know about because it's not featured in all PS3 games?

Ted

[img=http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2374/dsc00092ldz.jpg]

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean, like this one? My opinion is that the GTS beats them all or did you not realize the original premise of this thread, junior?

I guess you're calling me junior now because I don't agree with your silly opinion. Your are one of the ones not realizing the original premise of this tread and have gotton off topic. All of my comments on the thread have been about how cars look next to a GTS. I would also think if you're trying to make the GTS look good you could have came up with a better picture then the one posted. I'm certainly not here to bash Vipers and I love the looks of the Gen II GTS. I currently have a 2002 ACR which is my 2nd Gen II GTS. I think it looks great but not the best looking car ever or the best looking car I have. All you have to do is look at Viper's number of units sold since production to see that most people didn't or don't see it as the best looking car ever. I do hope that the Viper will continue. If they come out with a Gen V I hope they can do more to improve the looks over the Gen IV.

OP
OP
A

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't have one person dis-agreeing with you without throwing a tempertantrum like a little kid. I was cordial with my disagreement but you still have to blow up...cry less?

Alex, you are a tool. I am by no ways bashing the Viper. You however continue to prove just how ignorant you are with your posts. TRLL *** is that? I'm brand loyal to an extent, but come on. If you really think the GTS is the #1 sports car in the world, then you truly have issues. If you think cars like the Enzo, the Zonda, and the LP670 are pieces of ****, then you are truly mis-guided.

WOW, a TT Viper beat a Veyron...I would hope so. But what does that prove? Nothing!

You are going to ask me things like if I ever had a girlfriend? How old are you? LMAO you hitting on me cupcake? I've had much more than you have, just believe me on that. It's obvious that you are really insecure, and women don't like that. Please, grow up dude. Stay on topic.

Actually, I don't know why I respond to you. You think two very funny things.

1. You think that a boxer can take an MMA guy 1v1 in a fight...:lmao:
2. You think that a stock GTS dynoed at 495RWHP.

Because of #2, you shouldn't even be allowed to post anymore.:D

EDIT: LMMFAO You brought up a war of TX vs Italy? My gosh, you are seriously funny as hell. The Viper is the best platform in the world? Please explain why? Because the ACR went 722 around the ring? LMAO. Just to clue you in on something...there are MANY cars within 10 seconds of that time. ALL of them, THATS RIGHT....ALL of them ran their times with normal street radials. The ACR heat cycled the Cups completely before making it's run. Now, yes, the ACR comes with those tires from the factory, I can't argue that. But, cars like the CCX, Zonda, and ZR1 are all only within a few seconds of the Viper...what do you think would have happend if they had ran at the ring with those tires? The ACR would probably be the 5th fastest if that. I'm not dissing it..I OWN A VIPER, but give credit where credit is due and stop being so brand loyal. Thanks, I'm done with you...grow up and get educated before you talk to me anymore. You are as ignorant now as you were 3 months ago in the other thread.:lmao:

The fact is, italian cars are glamourized rubbish. Fact? Yes, fact. Really? Yes, really.

"Uh.......duh.......if this car had tires and blah, blah, blah.............", yeah and if you had two functioning testicles, perhaps you would not be a homo. It's not accurate to surmise that a change of tires would make a car faster than another. There are other variables as well and some worked against the ACR in the Nurburgring competition that you mentioned. The ACR has pummeled the competition on far more occasions than one.

Who is talking about boxers? I don't keep up with all of my fans but you must be the oddball who was sending me daily private messages about a month or two ago, after reading some of your references above. Please do not become obsessed with me like you did last time and I seriously doubt that you have had a single girlfriend, let alone one that would rate higher than a 6 on a scale from 1-10. Nerds don't get chicks; they download **** by the boatload and beat their *** weiners around the clock.

Now tell me and be honest; how does it feel getting owned on the Viper Club forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang