Does any car look good next to a GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry in advance to get off topic because this thread suppose to be about looks of any car compared to a GTS.

I have had my 2008 Z06 since October 2007 and it's never had one issue or had it back to the dealer for anything. I have had my 2004 Gallardo since September 2004 and the only problem I have had with it has been an O-Ring leak on an AC line. My wife has had her 2005 Mercedes E500 since November 2004 and has had no issues. It's only been back to the dealer for some free oil changes while they lasted. From reading this forum there have numerous threads of 08 and 09 Vipers with issues as well as the imfamious going into limp mode. I have had my 2002 ACR since December 2007 and have had no issues so far. I also only had a few minor issues with my previous 2002 GTS.

Getting back to the thread topic I must say the fit and finish of a both the viper and Z06 don't compare to that of a Lamborghini. In fairness to the Viper and Vette they both cost much less.

GBS I get it! But comparing looks on cars is like what turns you on in a women, nice boobs or A** it's in the eye of the beholder.
As far as fit and finish, wouldnt you think if chrysler wanted to build a 350K car it would have great fit and finish just like the euro excotics. And if it's attention you want, get a go fast Cigarette power boat you will have man "women" and child all over you at the docks. I know! I have one! and it's NO COMPARISON!!!
People walk right pass the excotics right to the big bad 100K paint job 2500HP boats BAR NONE!!!and better yet they are ALL american made:usa: P.S. and if the you really want to make those excotics irrelevent! And maybe even get some:devlook:Start them babies up and watch your popularity grow to celeberty status!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GBS I get it! But comparing looks on cars is like what turns you on in a women, nice boobs or A** it's in the eye of the beholder.
As far as fit and finish, wouldnt you think if chrysler wanted to build a 350K car it would have great fit and finish just like the euro excotics. And if it's attention you want, get a go fast Cigarette power boat you will have man "women" and child all over you at the docks. I know! I have one! and it's NO COMPARISON!!!
People walk right pass the excotics right to the big bad 100K paint job 2500HP boats BAR NONE!!!and better yet they are ALL american made:usa: P.S. and if the you really want to make those excotics irrelevent! And maybe even get some:devlook:Start them babies up and watch your popularity grow to celeberty status!
I know what you mean buddy as i ran a 31 Sutphen for years.People dont realize as far as big boys toys cars are NOTHING compared to offshore boats because its not just the purchase price its the 40 grand plus a year to operate ,maintain and fuel the thing.Hell a set of Merc 1100s has to burn over 60 gallons an hour.Last year some mag did a study, a 47 Outerlimits was more money to own and operate than a simular twin engine aircraft of that size.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you mean buddy as i ran a 31 Sutphen for years.People dont realize as far as big boys toys cars are NOTHING compared to offshore boats because its not just the purchase price its the 40 grand plus a year to operate ,maintain and fuel the thing.Hell a set of Merc 1100s has to burn over 60 gallons an hour.Last year some mag did a study, a 47 Outerlimits was more money to own and operate than a simular twin engine aircraft of that size.
Ps i was never on the boat but a guy i knew had a 47 Apache in the early 90s .Tripple 1000s three number 6s with 500 gallon fuel capacity .If he played ******* the weekend he could easily burn thru the 750 gallons and then some.

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is usually in the spotlight driving down the road until my buddy comes with....

picture.php

What's funny is he says he likes the way my car looks more than his. What's funnier is that he could have bought 10 of mine for what he paid!!!

Mike

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I live on the water and have a number of large boats. When I first moved to Florida I use to go out on the water a lot but I've kind of lost interest in it the last few years. I'm not looking for attention. I already have a great wife. I don't know if it's from growing up in the Detroit area and having a lot of ties to the auto industry but I have always loved cars, especially sports cars. I still like boats but I love sports cars. Big kids need toys too whatever they may be. I don't need to be popular or a celeberty. I just want to enjoy life with the people I care about and have fun. Life is short and one needs to make the most of it.

The American car companies could build cars with a much better fit and finish at a much higher cost. Like I said the Viper's fit and finish don't compare to a Lamborghini's but in all fairness the Viper costs much less.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live on the water and have a number of large boats. When I first moved to Florida I use to go out on the water a lot but I've kind of lost interest in it the last few years. I'm not looking for attention. I already have a great wife. I don't know if it's from growing up in the Detroit area and having a lot of ties to the auto industry but I have always loved cars, especially sports cars. I still like boats but I love sports cars. Big kids need toys too whatever they may be. I don't need to be popular or a celeberty. I just want to enjoy life with the people I care about and have fun. Life is short and one needs to make the most of it.

The American car companies could build cars with a much better fit and finish at a much higher cost. Like I said the Viper's fit and finish don't compare to a Lamborghini's but in all fairness the Viper costs much less.

GBS, Then you know what I mean! My Cigarette is All American made and has ZERO defects! I challenge anyone to come over and go over it inch by inch. A 100K boat is not perfect don't care who makes it. Now a $400K boat has NO defects and stunning finish when it leaves the factory. I will never compare a 100K boat to a 400K boat and the 100K boat might be faster. You buy a euro exotic as a work of art, I prefer a viper over a euro exotic. I feel you get way more bang for the buck! I don't see a big difference in peoples reaction when parked side by side a euro exotic. Now dock a 400K go fast boat next to a 100K go fast boat and there in no comparison the 400K boat will have all the attention. Again If dodge wanted to price a Viper in the Muci range it WILL be just a well built as any euro exotic!

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ps i was never on the boat but a guy i knew had a 47 Apache in the early 90s .Tripple 1000s three number 6s with 500 gallon fuel capacity .If he played ******* the weekend he could easily burn thru the 750 gallons and then some.

Hey Fun has it's price! the 2500HP I wrote about was for two motors not three. If you really want to get fancy Get a 50 Foot Cigarette with three 1500HP supercharged stellings (that's 4500HP) runs over 150MPH on a V bottom. if you want to go faster lets say closer to 200MPH get a tunnel boat (cat) and hold on to your Balls no to mention yor wallet! They cost 1.5 Mil

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv7j4bg-z-U[/media]
Watch and enjoy!!!!!

ALL AMERICAN MADE!!!!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Fun has it's price! the 2500HP I wrote about was for two motors not three. If you really want to get fancy Get a 50 Foot Cigarette with three 1500HP supercharged stellings (that's 4500HP) runs over 150MPH on a V bottom. if you want to go faster lets say closer to 200MPH get a tunnel boat (cat) and hold on to your Balls no to mention yor wallet! They cost 1.5 Mil
The 1.5 buys the 50 Cig .How much to dock,insure ,fuel and maintain it per year .For my 31 Sutphen i used to go for 25 grand twenty years ago only running ther summers in NJ .I bet if you were to run that 50 hard in big water ect you could easily go for 75 grand a year in upkeep.

ScrewDrvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a gen 3/4 coupe next to a rt/10 or GTS makes the old viper look like it was made in the 70's.

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1.5 buys the 50 Cig .How much to dock,insure ,fuel and maintain it per year .For my 31 Sutphen i used to go for 25 grand twenty years ago only running ther summers in NJ .I bet if you were to run that 50 hard in big water ect you could easily go for 75 grand a year in upkeep.

Hey, I was tring to make a point here! Some people here like to knock the viper because of fit and finish and looks cheap! Some even suggest because it's american made. Well the price and up keep of an exotic is out of sight compared to the viper. Again If dodge wanted to make a 350K viper it would have the same exotic like quality. It is a market for that tax bracket. Then someone chined in and said the MUCI makes the viper disappear. Then in that case if you want to make any exotic car completely disappear then bring a cigarette/go fast to the party. You will be the king! As far as the up keep, Half the battle is docking! So if you live on the water like I do it's part of your living expenses! And it's nice to have your boat ready to rumble at a moment notice less than 100 feet away. One more thing I happen to be lucky enough in life to have had several cigarettes/vipers but I don't go around knocking other peoples boat/cars just because my toys cost two three times more(or less) Everyone falls in a specific tax bracket wheather it's over or under me and I respect that. Some people here are just haters period!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a gen 3/4 coupe next to a rt/10 or GTS makes the old viper look like it was made in the 70's.

It also makes it look like there's a Viper parked next to a certain other bowtie vehicle made by GM, which is why many of us prefer the Gen 1/2 styling.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And your point is? That's the reason we like the Gen2 cars.

I have to agree. I purchased my first Viper after waiting for the Gen III Viper to come out. Seeing the Gen III Viper in person was somewhat of a disapointment for me. I ended up buying a new 2002 GTS that one dealer still had. Side by side the Gen II viper looks much better in my opinion.

OKViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the worst part of the Viper's recent depreciation...Fools like this (curse like a 13 year old, say "dude" and call people 'cupcake') - can afford one...

What I hate most is that people that might come to see what Viper ownership is about see this on our forum. The moderators where WAY too lenient on this clown - he/she should have been gone long ago.

EDIT. Mods cleaned up the copy.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this thread is ridiculously off-topic
so here is something just as ridiculous to discuss...
You must be registered for see images attach

GO!
:eater:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a fun thred, boy did it take a turn for the worst! I really can not believe the ********!

At the end of the day we are all car guys and girls, lets all take a step back and take a deep breath ;)

Mark
:uk:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be a fun thred, boy did it take a turn for the worst! I really can not believe the ********!

At the end of the day we are all car guys and girls, lets all take a step back and take a deep breath ;)

Mark
:uk:

Huh? Bickering and *****-slapping is way more fun that calm cool and collected. :catfight:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have owned every gen of Viper dating back to 93 to me the Gen 2 has by far the most Gawk factor even thought perf ,build wise ect the Gen 4 IS MUCH BETTER

Status
Not open for further replies.